all dojutsu can resist genjutsu
Gaara/Rasa, Dediara, Zetsu, and Ultimate Summoning Beast
All of these characters have dojutsus, yet their abilities are not on here.
Gaara and Rasa use sand to create a third eye which they connect to their optic nerve
Deidara's eye can resist Genjutsu and can see far away [even without his scope, as shown when he was an edo tensei summon]
Zetsu can record things that he sees and play them later
Ultimate summoning beast can cast genjutsu through it's eyes
- First off, Gaara and Rasa don't have a Dōjutsu. It takes more than a jutsu created from the octic nerve to be called a Dōjutsu. The Third Eye espcially has no special effects. Its like the shadow clone technique, making a duplicate eye.
- Deidara just trained his eye as anyone could. It's not a bloodlimit type.
- Zetsu could just have a photographic memory.
- Overall none of these guys have no real reason to be claimed a Dōjutsu user. Definition is an kekkei genkai used through the eye that grants the user special abilities specific for those eyes. --Rai 水 (talk) 21:56, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
- No a dojutsu is any technique that uses the eye in particular. It doesn't need to eb akekkai genkai, as kidomaru has his third eye listed there and so is the mind-controlling eye. Dojutsu =/= Kekkai Genkai.
- Deidara's eye has resistance to genjutsu through training, yes. but that's still an eey technique, just like it is with the sharingan. Same goes for his ability to see far distances, he may have trained for it, but it's still an eye technique aka a dojutsu
- No, his eye was focused on in panels, giving it emphasis right before it showed some weird ability.
- Gaara's technique still uses and connects to the eye for the tchnique, hence it's an eye technique. What's so hard to understand about the concept of non-Kekkai Genkai eye abilities ??
- Dōjutsu are Kekkei Genkai. Just genetic for the eye. You are misinterpreting what Dōjutsu is a bit. Just because it involves the eye doesn't mean its automatically a Dōjutsu. It has to be a kekkei genkai. A blood limit or run through DNA. Anyone can train their eye like Deidara did. For the Third Eye though they use sand, its something anyone who infused chakra with sand could do. Kidōmaru is placed as possible kekkei genkai for a reason. It literally gives him better acuuracy and range. Its just not the color of the eye. Like Zetsu who you didn't include, making me assume that you agreed that he could just a photographic memory. As for the Ultimate Summoning Beast, he could possibly have a Dōjutsu. More likely him than the others you said but I highly doubt it. --Rai 水 (talk) 01:03, January 29, 2015 (UTC)
Canon and Non-Canon
Why are we treating the anime only dojutsu as non-canon? It is clearly canon to the anime. I think we should instead change it to say "Anime Only Dojutsu". Diamonddeath (talk) 04:07, March 28, 2015 (UTC)