tailed beast skill Edit
- Unless stated, I don't think we should add it as one. For now, we should just keep it as is. Joshbl56 20:40, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't really see a good reason to not add this as a tailed beast skill. Nii's bijū was a cat- there's a really slim chance that we'd be wrong on this.--Cerez365™ 01:27, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
- In my opinion it's going too far say it's the result of the Two-Tails. Does the Five-Tails use steam because Han does, or the Six-Tails use bubbles? No, until stated otherwise they don't. Until it is made clear it shouldn't be added.--Deva 27 01:30, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
I agree, there is no chance of us being wrong in simply referring to it as ninjutsu for now. Also, there are already techniques which enhance the growth of similar parts of the body while also increasing its durability, such as a person's hair, and these aren't classed as tailed beast skills. I don't see the issue in waiting for further confirmation. Blackstar1 (talk) 01:36, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
- <editconflict/> @Deva→ Actually, we don't know the Gō- or Rokubi's abilities are so I can't speak on the former much but Utakata's abilities were said to be clan related or something familial. But good point, though I don't think Nii will fit into that bracket but we never know I guess.--Cerez365™ 01:38, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
@Deva, I disagree. Han does use steam due to his armor, it was clearly stated. Utakata's bubbles are water release, but it's possible Tailed Beast power is used as well since we have not yet seen exploding water. The difference is Jiraiya used chakra to enhance his hair. Yugito's nail's are actually cat claws. Anyone agrees ? --Elveonora (talk) 15:30, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Jiraiya not only used chakra to enhance his hair, but to also temporarily increase the head's metabolism, which was what resulted in the rapid hair growth. As both hair and nails are composed mainly from the same material, keratin, I don't see why a similar technique couldn't be applied here. Although, I'm not stating that this was the actual method used, the possibility creates enough uncertainty for me that it shouldn't be listed as a tailed beast skill, until further confirmation is provided.
- Also, cat claws are seemingly able to extend because they're retractable. So, although I do agree that this technique might be alluding to that capability, it still isn't the rapid nail growth which appears to occur here. Blackstar1 (talk) 16:23, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Just because her nails come to a sharp point doesn't make this a tailed beast skill, nor does it account for why they're able to extend to such an extent. Regardless of my thoughts, there still isn't a sufficient indication to suggest that this ability stems from the Two-Tails and that alone, is enough to prevent it from being classed as a tailed beast skill at this time. Blackstar1 (talk) 16:54, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Though I personally think this is more than likely a tailed beast skill, it's not really that pressing that it be classified as such immediately. We can wait for confirmation- there is still a chance that notion could be wrong.--Cerez365™ 17:25, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
So ? I don't get this. When manga or databook says otherwise, it will be changed. Read my reasons above and also add to the fact it was not named, while other host's techniques were. Was not named because she partially transformed and changed her nails into cat claws. --Elveonora (talk) 17:30, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Or Kishimoto-sensei simply thought that naming it wouldn't fit the flow of the page, or he hasn't thought of a nice name for it yet. The point is that although it could be a Tailed Beast skill, it could also be a technique she developed in reference to her Tailed Beast.
- I'd also like to point out that, although it looks like some of the physical changes Naruto undergoes under the influence of the Nine-Tails, Naruto never shows any form of control over those changes as Yugito clearly displays. The Tailed Beasts changes that can be controlled are all related to the chakra cloaks, which Yugito isn't using here. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 22:18, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
Not really. Naruto has physically changed even without undergoing any chakra cloaks. Valley of the End, Sasuke part II. encounter among others. And about Kishimoto-sensei simply thought that naming it would't fit the flow of the page is weird. All other techniques were named. As far as I know, Killer B does not name his tentacle transformations ... this is the same. Don't tell me its a coincidence that:
-it's cat claws, her tailed beast being a cat -it's not named
- No one here is being close-minded, as far as I can see everyone is respecting your opinions and aren't actually denying the possibility of this being a tailed beast skill, but rather saying that the current evidence isn't conclusive enough to make such a claim. There isn't and shouldn't be any issue with erring on the side of caution and just awaiting further confirmation, as this is a much better option than spreading potentially false information, especially given such flimsy evidence to the contrary. Blackstar1 (talk) 01:04, November 25, 2011 (UTC)
- As for speculation in other articles, bring it up on their respective talk pages, and the community will either discuss and cite it or remove it. — SimAnt 01:11, November 25, 2011 (UTC)
- They're not cat claws. Cat claws don't work like that. They are retractable, while Yugito's nails simply grow.
- I actually mentioned that Naruto undergoes physical changes besides the chakra cloak. I also pointed out that, unlike Yugito's and her nails, Naruto does not hav any control over those changes.
- —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 07:43, November 25, 2011 (UTC)
Since we had a nice conversation on whether or not this is a tailed-beast skill, can we add trivia that this seems to be based on a cat's claws or something that has to do with her tailed-beast being a demon cat? Joshbl56 07:55, November 25, 2011 (UTC)
@Simant, I'm sorry. Kinda depressed, so excuse me for that. But what about Tobi ? The page has a warning it may containt false information. (I think it can be removed now by the way) @ShounenSuki, I know how cat claws work, I own 4 cats. How do you know they simply grow ? To me it looks like cat claws, but I guess thats a difference of opinions which is pretty normal since this is a talkpage and everyone want to prove their own. The key word is "Naruto does not yet" have any control of partial transformations since to be honest, his So6p Cloak is pretty unique and different to what we have seen so far. Killer B can transform any part of his body into that of Eight-Tail's and even spit ink. We don't know how much control she has over Two-Tails, but she is obviously able to transform at will. And thanks for the nice conversation and excuse me again. --Elveonora (talk) 13:11, November 25, 2011 (UTC)