Kishimoto released information with Chapter 438 stating that the blades are made of his blood and chakra. After releasing the blood Pain then encases it in chakra.
- Really? Cause I just read chapter 438 and didn't find anything about the blades, so... which page? Jacce 20:02, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- The information was released in the Weekly Shonen Jump alongside Chapter 438. The information isn't posted with the chapter unless one of the translator's adds it alongside the chapter.
- No, just find the raw Japanese and ShounenSuki can give a more reliable translation than any scalatator. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Apr 17, 2009 @ 02:05 (UTC)
Now I feel like an idiot. Thanks NOTASTAFF.
- I don't know, but that's what the games refer them as. Read the "In Other Media". Yatanogarasu 03:07, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Resurrecting this conversation, I think renaming the article is a viable option. We have named Minato's special kunai based on the name given in a movie, and a name from the video game will always be more canon than anything we come up with. As long as it shows in the trivia section that the name comes from video-games, I see no harm. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:18, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- I'd be mostly against this, I don't like the name "black needles" especially since it seems like a misnomer for an unnamed tool.--Cerez365™ 21:43, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
one databook translation (on mangahelpers) refered to them as belts (i know right). i suggest renaming them as black needles cause thats the most canon name for it.22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:48, August 27, 2012 (UTC) yomiko-chan
- Ok, I remember someone once saying that the blades were created by Pain encasing his blood in chakra, that the info came from something that didn't make to scanlations, but was present in the SJ with a chapter of the Pain Invasion arc. Could this be the reason they had a red shimmer? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 19:21, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
One and the same
- That was always my understanding of it, they disrupted the target's chakra by transmitting Nagato's directly into the target, which also made them great for restraining people as even one could paralyze weaker enemies and the closer they were to Nagato the stronger their apparent influence. To connect to the point about about them being produced from Nagato's blood that would explain where they're stored, the seemingly limitless amount Pain makes use of and that after the original transmitters were placed in Nagato from what seems to be the Demonic Statue's blood, he learned to make his own. --Hawkeye2701 (talk) 21:20, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
- There's trivia on the matter in bother articles. That should hopefully clear it up.--Cerez365™ 18:04, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- I noticed that afterwards, too. My bad^^ Buuuut wouldn't it be an even better solution to create an article for the material itself? We could merge both articles :) Seelentau 愛議 18:50, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Also, are you guys sure about the Rōmaji name? My translator translates it as to and not tō Seelentau 愛議 19:04, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- What's the material? I think it's dine how it is along with a general reference in any related articles.--Cerez365™ 21:43, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
I believe i also mentioned this at some point last century, but i agree that the receivers and blades are one and the same and should be merged to the receivers article as a subsection similar to how Obito's giant stakes are listed as a sub-type. Any more opinions? Darksusanoo (talk) 20:10, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
They come from the receivers
http://www.mangareader.net/93-447-9/naruto/chapter-442.html They seem to be generated from the chakra receivers on Pain's arms. He has three on his lower arms, and one is always obstructed when using them. Not specifically stated, but I think heavily implied--Endomarru (talk) 08:37, October 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Considering only those who have summoned the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path have used it, and that seems to require the Rinnegan, yes. But I don't think that a "kekkei genkai tool" categorisation is appropriate, if that's what you're suggesting. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 19:12, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
Created by Madara Uchiha
These things were created by Madara Uchiha with the help of the Gedo Mazo as catalyst, and they contain his will. This was proven in the latest chapter, where Madara used the Chakra Blades within Obito to turn his Zetsu half black. And as we know, Black Zetsu has Madara's will. This deserves a mention. Xfing (talk) 11:50, June 26, 2013 (UTC)
Oh, and the three articles should probably be merged, I mean the chakra receivers, chakra disruption blades and the stakes. The varieties can easily be listed together in separate paragraphs with headings. Xfing (talk) 11:50, June 26, 2013 (UTC)