Could someone please add a pincture of this jutsu. I've been trying to get one from orochimaru's fight with naruto in the anime but haven't found a good one. Neji uchiha (talk) 20:16, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
No Longer Unnamed?
In the english ccg this technique is called the Ecdysis. http://www.bandaicg.com/naruto/attachment.php?attachmentid=1312&d=1255964689 Kevin krash (talk) 04:34, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
- We don't generally consider the CCG to be canon. Besides, I wouldn't call that a jutsu name, but simply an official term for moulting.
- The wrong term, by the way. ecdysis refers to moulting in arthropods, specifically. In snakes, moulting is simply called shedding. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 09:11, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
- I would rather see the Oral Rebirth part of the name go, since Sasuke seems to have crawled out of his chest. Orochimaru's name does not really bother me, as the technique is pretty much unique to him. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 11:49, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Oral Rebirth just seems to hilarious to let go. But I do see the point. How about Body Shedding or something.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 12:18, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
Relation to Body Replacement Technique
While we do note in the trivia that this technique was referred to by Itachi as "Orochimaru-style Body Replacement Technique" (大蛇丸流の変わり身の術), given that Sasuke also notes it to be a Body Replacement Technique earlier in chapter 390, shouldn't it at the very least be listed as a derived/related technique? Blackstar1 (talk) 02:54, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- There doesn't seem to be anything in common between those techniques, other than Body Shedding being able to be used to avoid attacks.TricksterKing (talk) 03:05, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
However, both characters are seemingly pretty clear in referring to this ability as a type of Body Replacement Technique. Given that both Uchiha have had a great number of dealings with Orochimaru, I can't think of a reason that Kishi would be so definite, other than to imply some level of relationship between the two techniques. Blackstar1 (talk) 13:23, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Why not? Yatanogarasu (Talk) 06:25, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- The restoration effects make it a separate technique, even if it's related to BRT. TricksterKing (talk) 06:31, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I doubt it's up to us wether to decide if it's a different technique or not, based on what we see. The manga clearly states that it's just a kind of BRT and who are we to oppose the manga? Seelentau 愛議 13:54, April 6, 2012 (UTC)