Cooltamerboy, stop adding that bit about the Body Flicker enhancing strength. If you have proof, then give it. If not, then don't add unsubstantiated information. You should know better by now. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 01:43, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- He won't have proof. He will go on an on about how he does have proof, but it will either be really flimsy or completely taken out of context.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 01:46, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Possibly, but what does that really have to do with enhancing strength? Actually, why should it be that it uses the legs anyway? Their isn't trustworthy proof.--NejiByakugan360 02:10, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
It's not just the legs, it has never been stated as just the legs. Body Flicker, as the jutsu is called, flickers the entire body, making the person FASTER. It does NOT raise the person strengths. I will repeat it for you again: BODY FLICKER, AS THE JUTSU IS CALLED, FLICKERS THE ENTIRE BODY MAKING THE PERSON STRONGER. IT DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, INCREASES THE PERSONS STRENGTH.
- Remind me never to debate anything with you. *sighs* This wiki has so many management problems. ~NOTASTAFF Ryun Uchiha (Ten Tailed Fox, Getsueikirite-taichou) (talk) 16:29, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- You clearly have never had to deal with Cooltamerboy. Your options are a) have a circular debate, or b) end the discussion as quickly as possible. ~SnapperTo 21:00, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
Technically - sematics vitalise could mean stregthen but it also means alter or modify. The former seems all the more likely the case to make movement faster or modify movement not specifically stregthen. —This unsigned comment was made by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
Why isn't this used constantly?
Why don't ninja use this technique when traveling intercontinentally so it won't take three days, like it takes when they travel from the Leaf to the Sand? It actually just hit me that they don't use it that much because in the forest, when they're going at such a high speed, they could crash against trees and all of that. Is that feasible, or is there an actual reason this isn't used regularly? Jules R. J. Blake (talk) 22:18, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- It could be that it is only usable for short distances. It does use chakra, of course, and the longer the distance, the more chakra required. The reason you stated could also be correct.
- And hey, who knows, maybe they do use it for international travel. Maybe the trip from Konoha to Suna would have taken weeks without the Body Flicker Technique. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 01:11, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
Since it hasn't been proved that ninja can use it whenever they want, and neither it has taht they can't, then I think putting it on the page is a bad idea.. ̃̃̃̃
Why?! No Users ?
- Because we don't list users for basic techniques, and Shisui is only listed because he's called Shisui of the Body Flicker.--Deva 27 (talk) 21:26, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
But not everyone is stated to use this tech, are they? And it seems that if it was just a basic jutsu it 1. would have been taught at academy, or 2. more people would be using it. But other than minato, sauske, raikage and a few others it doesn't seem like a widely used jutsu, or at least one that peole use a lot. I can understand why you only added shisui, but shouldn't you add the few other people who seem to also really use this jutsu a lot, or those where it seems to fit in greatly with their fighting style? The three I mentioned being the three that come to mind when I think about it, simply because they use/used it A LOT, or it fits into their overall fighting style as opposed to even say kakashi, who rarely seems to use it in battle. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:48, November 12, 2010 (UTC)miah
- How would we measure "a lot" for the others? What I mean is, when does the list stop. And for the record Naruto has used it a bit too like against Kakazu and Kakashi while training, and Kakashi does use it a bit during training too (get the bells first and second time). GoldenTopaz (talk) 18:57, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
It seems to me that at least everyone of chunin level has a variant of this technique and many genin too. It's not one of the most basic ones, but it's, like, 90% of named ninja.ZeroSD (talk) 19:31, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- That is unknown, but not unlikely. I do think it involves skill as well, though.
- The Body Flicker vitalises the body, so the more chakra one would use, the more the body is vitalised, I'd say. Also, the better one applies the chakra used, the more efficient and better the body is vitalised. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 17:11, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
'This jutsu is a high-speed movement technique, allowing a ninja to move short to long distances at an almost untraceable speed to the point that in some cases it looks as if the user teleported.<ref name="Chapter 995">''Naruto'' chapter 395, page 09</ref> It is accomplished by using chakra to temporarily vitalise the body and move at extreme speeds, with the amount of chakra affecting how far, fast, and high the user can go. A puff of smoke is occasionally used to disguise the user's movements.'
- Chakra to the feet= boosts of speed
- increase the amount of chakra = increased speed in movement
- puff of smoke/ink/leaves/sand = hides movement
- Still no answer. Thomas Finlayson (talk) 01:59, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
'a relatively large amount of chakra .'
- get rid of it =\ --Cerez365 (talk) 02:06, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Roger, so just say it is proportional to the speed and distance? Thomas Finlayson (talk) 02:24, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
I did remember the Fourth Hokage (Namikaze Minato) was infamously feared as the Konoha Yellow Flash, with Rin said back then that he has a super speed move, able to reach tens of miles in a split second, named "Shunshin no Jutsu" (Body Flicker Technique). It was displayed in the Anime at Kakashi Gaiden arc, and of course also at the Manga. How can i forgot such incredible moment, can you..? THEN WHY there is no mention of Fourth Hokage in this page..? or am i missed some line..!? --Arvell (talk) 05:15, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry to disturb this section after so long but I feel something needs to be address now. Kushina's flashback clearly revealed that Minato's speed wasn't purely Flying Thunder God Technique based as seen when he caught baby Naruto. Wouldn't it be safe to say, then, that he uses a combination of this technique and Flying Thunder God Technique to fight the way he does? Alexdhamp (talk) 20:02, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
- The Body Flicker Technique is a generic technique that's learnt by every shinobi. We've seen it used by Minato at least twice but I don't see that as a reason to mention that it to fight the way he does. His fighting style was just based around speed. I suppose if it can be mentioned decently it wouldn't be a problem.--Cerez365™ 20:14, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
I think the current image could be easily confused with Jiraiya being a shadow clone dispelling himself instead of Body Flicker. What about Sasuke x Team 7 confrontation or Sasuke's "kill" of Tobi ?--Elveonora (talk) 03:41, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think it's necessary, since this is the article about the technique, there's the text to explain how it works, and since showing the duplicate is enough to show there's a clone, that's not a very good reason to change it, in my opinion. Plus, the smoke in the image serves a purpose, since in this technique, it's used to disguise one's movements. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:42, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
You are an Admin, Im just saying ... How are we sure that Jiraiya used Body Flicker and its not just Shadow Clone ??? Most of times its used without the smoke. also can you respond to my latest talkpage additions ?--Elveonora (talk) 21:56, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- There's no point in casually using the shadow clone, Jiraiya might be powerful, but unless you're Naruto, it's pointless to use shadow clones that liberally. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:20, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Jiraiya is neither someone whose fighting style revolves around the technique, nor is he someone renowned for using the technique. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:29, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
- It's still kind of strange that he is using it in the picture and not listed as a user. Diamonddeath (talk) 21:01, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Almost everyone can use this technique, we only list users who specialise with it. Jacce | Talk | Contributions 07:22, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
It says in the trivia: ".....this technique isn't teleportation, just an extremely swift movement." however the page which is referenced says that : "No it wasn't teleportation how do I know? Because teleportation is merely high speed movement" The trivia implies that space-time ninjutsu is really teleportation, can someone please fix this? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:45, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
- You read a bad translation. Firstly, think about it. Tobi DID teleport, which makes the translation you read of what Shino said there not make sense. What Shino said was that Tobi didn't use the Body Flicker technique., because it is simply a high-speed movement, while Tobi in actuality teleported using a Space–Time Ninjutsu. Skitts (talk) 14:57, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Viz has always translated the Body Flicker Technique as teleportation, and some scanlators have also translated it as that, which is unfortunate, because it mixes up two different concepts. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:10, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't understand how is body flicker ever considered teleportation O.o? Wouldn't it have been categorised as such in the databook then? It's like mixing up teleporting with Shunpo from Bleach.--Cerez365™ 03:27, March 28, 2012 (UTC)