Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
DVD release changes
So I don't know where this should be mentioned, but I recently purchased Box Set 23/24 and noticed something very different about the release that starts from episode 284 and continues from this point. I can't confirm if it continues into Box Set 25, as that isn't released yet (but I'll obviously check when it becomes available), but these are the things I noticed. Note that they happen with both English and Japanese audio:
- The background music that plays in every episode, including the episode preview, is very off-key compared to the original release. This doesn't seem to affect the opening cutscene track. I compared episode 284 from both the DVD and Crunchyroll releases to see if it was just something I missed.
- Some of the VA's, like Might Guy, don't sound anything like they used to sound. In the case of Might Guy, it sounds like a completely different VA, even though it is (allegedly) the same person. Kakashi doesn't sound as "deep" and "aggressive" either, sounding more like a young adult (20-25) than a 30+ year old.
There didn't seem to be any other issues beyond those ones, but I'm not sure whether the wiki should record the aforemented issues, especially as the DVD release affects the Japanese audio in the same manner. However, given that the previous box set, 22, wasn't affected whatsoever by these issues, it seems rather unexpected and I suspect it might be that these newer DVD's were encoded with lossless audio and not lossy, hence the sudden change in audio quality. Discuss. --Sajuuk 17:54, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
- It's quite unlike something like this to go unnoticed on the wiki. Bumping in case it got missed under other edits. --Sajuuk 21:07, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Acknowledged. I suppose that can be mentioned in an article somewhere, but not sure else can be done.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 22:04, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree. There's been some major overhaul in their history in the anime and it's the wiki's duty to record those differences. --Sajuuk 15:20, July 21, 2016 (UTC)