Ninja Academy Terms
Does anyone have a decent estimate as to how long the education at the Ninja Academy is supposed to last? It is noted that Naruto failed the Final Test twice before the term that he actually graduated. Since Naruto is listed to be the same age as the rest of his class in his final year, that means he was either enrolled early or the rest of the class also failed twice. Food for thought. Chase Network (talk) 06:52, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
I included the Report Cards from Naruto: the Official Fanbook. I was personally rather amused the Uchiha Sasuke did not come out on top where-as Yamanaka Ino did. I guess Rookie of the Year only has to do with your grades in the ninja arts. Chase Network (talk) 06:27, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah. Besides that, I could not find a mention of that in Shikamaru's profile. Or did I miss it? Geijustu wa bakuhatsu da (talk) 03:41, October 2, 2009 (UTC)
- "He later saw the Sand Siblings off and, in the anime, was appointed as an Academy instructor." ~SnapperTo 15:42, October 2, 2009 (UTC)
Age for academy
How old did someone have to be to enter the academy?
- Iruka said that Naruto had been there for three years; Sasuke entered before the masacre. 7/8 perhaps?
- Sign your posts.
- Sasuke entered the Academy half a year after Itachi became a chūnin. Sasuke would have been about five or six years old. Itachi finished the Academy in one year. he graduated when he was seven, so he would have been about six when he entered. Kakashi graduated at five and he's the youngest graduate. The Sannin and Tenzō graduated at six. All of them are talented enough to finish the Academy in a year or less, which again brings us to five or six being the general age of enrolment. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 20:26, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Naruto Uzumaki, Jiraya, Might Guy to name a few Fangzntalonz (talk) 02:34, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Why are we using 'Ninja Academy' for Konoha's ninja school, when it is simply called 'Academy' in Japanese?
- I don't think it has ever been mentioned that Kiri actually had a ninja school as well.
- I agree. It should be called simply 'Academy'. I know the Kiri's ninja school is hinted in Zabuza's massacre. --NejiLoverr26 (Ilnarutoanime) 12:48, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah! Your question has a point. Probably because Sasuke's cooperation is bad. —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me) 13:49, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it is. It's like a pre-school xD but as I read on Sasuke's article IIRC, his cooperation and participation is low, probably because he's a sociopath. —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me) 03:59, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
The Academy doesn't work as an actual Academy. The reason why Itachi could graduate in a year and Saskue in 7 was because Itachi was considered a genius. Saskue had low cooperations scores and not considered on par with his brother at all. The village would also hold a grudge for the rebellion/massacre. Remember, Academy was founded for military reasons. They can hold any student back for any reason even so far as not trusting the individual or just because the instructor didn't like an individual and failed them just because.
As for learning grammar and maths, I don't think they do. That would be left up to the families and pretty much pre-schooling. They are only taught things that would help them in a "military" style. They are only taught the basics of Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, handling ninja tools, basic hand seals and extra course for the kunoichi that help them in infiltration.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:28, October 28, 2012 (UTC)Ismene