|This is the article on the technique used by tailed beasts. If you are looking for the article on the manga chapter, head to The Tailed Beast Ball.|
|Tailed Beast Ball|
|Literal English||Tailed Beast Ball|
|Viz manga||Biju Bomb|
|English TV||Tailed Beast Bomb|
|Games||Menacing Ball (威鞠, Imari), Fake Fox Blast (虚狗砲, Kokuhō, Literally meaning: Hollow Canine Cannon)|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #42|
|Movie||Naruto 6: Road to Ninja|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja 5|
|OVA||Naruto Shippūden: UNSG anime cutscenes|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game, Movie|
|Classification||Tailed Beast Skill|
The Tailed Beast Ball is the ultimate technique of a tailed beast. To form the attack, they gather both positive black chakra (+の黒チャクラ, purasu no kuro chakura), and negative white chakra (−の白チャクラ, mainasu no shiro chakura), shape it into a sphere, and then compress it inside their mouth. The black and white chakra needs to be balanced at an 8:2 ratio respectively or it will backfire. The ball can be fired differently, either in sphere form, which can be detonated for a wave explosion or launched to form a dome-shaped blast which flattens and erases everything around it, or as a concentrated beam of energy which gives it explosive penetrative power. A Tailed Beast Ball is incredibly dense, as when Naruto Uzumaki in his four-tailed form created one, the ground around him sunk beneath his weight after he swallowed it. When used in close proximity to other tailed beasts performing the technique, the Tailed Beast Balls can be combined, vastly increasing the attack's destructive power and size.
The power of the attack is relative to the power of the user. The technique fired from a four-tailed Naruto broke through three Rashōmon gates without losing its momentum. A fully charged Tailed Beast Ball from Gyūki can fill an entire valley with the explosion as well as plough through a multiple layered barrier, while Kurama's own can create an explosion that is far larger than the Hokage Monument and the mountains around it, as well as equal that of a combined ball of five tailed beasts. Individual Tailed Beast Balls from Matatabi, Isobu, Kokuō, Saiken, and Chōmei seem to be on the same level of destructive power since they all easily vaporised large mountains after Naruto deflected them with his speed. When used by the Ten-Tails in its mature form, the Ten-Tails' Tailed Beast Ball took on a conical shape, and upon impact was able to destroy an entire village some distance away.
The tailed beasts' jinchūriki can also use this ability, though they need to be in their full tailed beast forms. Should the jinchūriki lose control of their tailed beasts, they can perform this technique despite not being fully transformed, as seen when Naruto used it in his 'Version 2' form.
- According to Gyūki, using this technique feels very much like throwing up.
- Shukaku uses Wind Release: Drilling Air Bullet, a technique of compressed air mixed with chakra from its gut instead of drawing together raw chakra, similar to the Tailed Beast Ball. However, Killer B implied that all tailed beasts can do the Tailed Beast Ball, and Shukaku simply wasn't out long enough to perform the attack when it fought against Naruto and Gamabunta. In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Gaara is able to form Shukaku's head out of the sand, which gathers enough chakra to create the Tailed Beast Ball.
- Minato Namikaze based the Rasengan off of the Tailed Beast Ball. Killer B observes that the process for forming a Rasengan is exactly the same as forming a Tailed Beast Ball. However, the addition of chakra rotation is necessary to control the Ball without being in tailed beast form.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Gyūki performs a lightning-element version of this technique.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, the character Masked Man's ultimate technique consists of summoning a controlled Nine-Tails, who launches a Tailed Beast Ball against the opponent.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Saiken performs a variation of this technique, utilising Utakata's Soap Bubble Ninjutsu.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Kizuna Drive, a beast known as the Three-Heads is shown using a technique similar to a Tailed Beast Ball. However, it isn't shown forming a chakra ball and only the beam is seen.
- In the anime, Sora, who has some of Kurama's chakra sealed in him, used a weaker Tailed Beast Ball. Since he wasn't in control of himself performing the technique, he is not listed as a user.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Naruto chapter 519, pages 16-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 295, pages 4-5
- ↑ Naruto chapter 571, pages 11-12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 295, pages 6-11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 414, pages 6-9
- ↑ Naruto chapter 536, page 8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 502, pages 7-8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 571, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 571, page 3
- ↑ Naruto chapter 613, pages 8-9
- ↑ Naruto chapter 613, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 519, page 9
- ↑ Naruto chapter 519, page 12
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 71