|Please note that this is the Narutopedia's article on the ninjutsu used by the Second Mizukage. If you are looking for the article on the chapter then you should head to Steaming Danger Tyranny!!.|
Steaming Danger Tyranny
|Literal English||Steaming Danger Tyranny|
|Appears in||Manga only|
|Classification||Hiden, Ninjutsu, Clone Techniques|
Steaming Danger Tyranny is the Second Mizukage's infinite explosion ninjutsu (無限爆破忍術, mugen bakuha ninjutsu) whereby he creates a clone — which resembles a chibi version of himself — made from the oil and water in his body. The water in the clone is surrounded by a thin layer of oil and due to this structure, the clone's temperature can easily be altered from cold to hot and vice-versa. When it exerts itself, the outer layer of oil heats up and evaporates the water inside. As the internal pressure builds, the clone expands until it violently explodes and the water vapour is released. This vapour then cools down as it rises and as a result, turns into hail that cools the clone, causing it to shrink to its original size and start the entire process again.
Despite its constantly increasing size, the clone itself remains very fast throughout the technique, enough to elude even Gaara's chakra-infused sand. This high-speed movement also allows it to heat up very quickly and to more easily inflict damage using an axe-like liquid blade that it is able to form on its arm. However, using this powerful technique leaves the Mizukage in a severely weakened and vulnerable state.
- The name of this technique and its use of a "youthful" clone of the Second might be a reference to the famous Japanese animation film Steamboy as the 'bōi' part is probably meant to imply the English word 'boy' and 'jōki' simply means 'steam' when written as '蒸気'.
- Ōnoki stated that even the Second Tsuchikage, Mū, had difficulty in dealing with this technique.
- The continuous cycle of this attack is very similar to that of the water cycle.
- This clone was shown to be as fast as the special sand that Gaara carries, which is comparable in speed to that of other techniques that are famed for their high speeds.
- The temperature inside the clone can reach in excess of 1064.18 °C, since it was capable of melting even the Gold Dust used by Gaara when detonated.