|Six Paths Sage Mode |
|Rōmaji||Rikudō Sennin Mōdo|
|English games||Sage of Six Paths Mode|
|Manga||Volume #70, Naruto Chapter #670|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #420|
|Novel||Boruto: Naruto the Movie|
|Movie||Boruto: Naruto the Movie|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Novel, Game, Movie|
|Class||Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary|
Six Paths Sage Mode (六道仙人モード, Rikudō Sennin Mōdo) is a form which empowers the user's abilities to a far greater extent by utilising the Six Paths Sage Chakra. It is a divine state gifted by Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki to those who have an iron faith and the guts to never give up.
This mode increases the user's physical parameters, Naruto becoming fast enough to catch Kaguya Ōtsutsuki off guard and durable enough to take a Chidori unharmed. Naruto's jutsu are augmented with natural energy to make them stronger; when he clashes two of his natural energy-infused jutsu with Sasuke Uchiha's strongest attack, Indra's Arrow, the Valley of the End and the surrounding area is devastated. Like other jinchūriki forms, Naruto can shroud himself in a chakra-cloak to pushing his abilities even further, create Tailed Beast Ball and chakra arms, and enter a Tailed Beast Mode of the Nine-Tails that rivals Sasuke's Complete Body — Susanoo in size and power. After using shadow clones to create several Tailed Beast Modes, Naruto can combine the clones' transformations into a single battle avatar with three faces and six arms, similar to what Asura once used. This form is known as "Asura Kurama Mode" (アシュラクラマモード, Ashura Kurama Mōdo).
With the power he received from Hagoromo, Naruto has the innate ability to grasp the nature of chakra and comprehend all universal things: he can utilise all five basic nature transformations as well as make perfect use of Yin–Yang Release. With Yin–Yang Release, Naruto can rekindle a dying person's life force and restore lost organs. He can levitate, sense invisible shadows in the world of Limbo, and is able to kick Truth-Seeking Balls, a feat that surpasses the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode. His sensing ability rises as well. When Naruto first uses Six Paths Sage Mode during the Fourth Shinobi World War, he possesses nine Truth-Seeking Balls of his own that float behind him when not in use. He is not seen using Truth-Seeking Balls in later appearances. Also during the war, Naruto is able to access the chakra of the nine tailed beasts for use in his other jutsu, as with the Super Tailed Beast Rasenshuriken. Like the Truth-Seeking Balls, he is not seen doing this after the war is over.
The appearance of Naruto's Six Paths Sage Mode is very similar to his Nine-Tails Chakra Mode and its related forms: his body is coated in yellow chakra; a sort of circular design is featured prominently over his stomach; the whisker-like markings on his face become thicker to resemble the ☰ trigram; six magatama markings are present on or around his collar; various other dark designs appear along his body, sometimes densely enough to give the appearance that he's wearing a body suit beneath the yellow coat. His skin, however, does not seem to glow along with the rest of his outfit when activated.
The exact appearance of Naruto's transformation changes significantly between uses, with two separate designs being seen in Boruto: Naruto the Movie. The first time he uses the form, not all of Naruto's body - notably his face - is coated with yellow chakra and the same design as appears on the backs of the Ten-Tails' jinchūriki - a Rinnegan above nine magatama - also appears on his back. These same features are absent in later uses. Therefore, it can be difficult to differentiate the form from Naruto's Nine-Tails Chakra Mode. The one consistent hallmark of Six Paths Sage Mode are Naruto's eyes: his eyes are yellow, his pupils are a cross of vertical fox-slits with horizontal toad-slats, and there is no pigmentation around his eyes that would otherwise signify standard Sage Mode.
- In the Shikamaru Hiden novel, it is suggested that having the chakra of all nine tailed beasts is also a requirement to obtain this mode.
- In the colourised versions of chapters 676 and 678 included in digital editions of Weekly Shōnen Jump, Naruto's skin in this mode was depicted as yellow and his eyes had orange irides, much like his previous transformations. Later illustrations coloured by Masashi Kishimoto instead depict Naruto with his original skin colour and yellow irides. The colouration was corrected in subsequent chapters and the Naruto: Colour Edition release of volume 71.
- In VIZ Shonen Jump, Naruto's Six Paths Sage Mode was attributed to the Six Paths Yang Power. However, this is not mentioned in the manga or the databooks.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Fourth Databook, page 310
- ↑ Naruto chapter 687, page 16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 695, page 5
- ↑ Naruto chapter 697, pages 1-3
- ↑ Naruto chapter 695
- ↑ Naruto chapter 696, pages 14-16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 670, page 17
- ↑ The name comes from the Studio Pierrot blog.
- ↑ Fourth Databook, page 226
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Naruto chapter 672, page 16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 675, pages 11-12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 680, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 674, pages 6-7
- ↑ Naruto chapter 674, page 1
- ↑ Naruto chapter 688, pages 8-9
- ↑ Volume 70 cover
- ↑ Naruto chapter 673, page 17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 700+4, pages 4-7
- ↑ Boruto: Naruto the Movie
- ↑ Naruto chapter 672, page 17