|Shuriken Shadow Clone Technique |
|Rōmaji||Shuriken Kage Bunshin no Jutsu|
|English anime||Ninja Art: Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu|
|Manga||Volume #13, Naruto Chapter #117|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #69|
|Movie||Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower|
|Game||Naruto: Konoha Ninpōchō|
|OVA||Chūnin Exam on Fire! Naruto vs. Konohamaru!|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game, Movie|
|Classification||Ninjutsu, Clone Techniques, Shurikenjutsu|
|Range||Short to Mid range|
|Hand seals||Ox → Dog → Dragon → Rat → Dog → Boar → Snake → Tiger|
The user creates up to a thousand shadow clones from one shuriken, striking down the enemy. This is a technique that combines ninja tools with ninjutsu. Compared to normal shadow clones, clones of material objects are said to be on a far higher level. There is no need for preparations beforehand, like stocking up on shuriken, or kunai, yet since the shadow clones are real and not illusions, all the shadow blades that fly around are equally lethal. Because the clones form in just an instant, completely evading them is next to impossible. This technique can also be used on fūma shuriken, increasing its lethality.
- As a technique invented by the Third Hokage, its conceptualisation and efficiency can certainly be said to be unique to the "Professor".
- In Naruto episode 163, a member of the Watari Ninja masquerading as the Cursed Warrior performed this technique against Team Guy.
- In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower, Minato was shown to be able to use this technique with his Flying Thunder God Kunai.
- In Naruto: Shippūden episode 361, Jiraiya attempted to perform this technique as a child, but instead clumsily threw a bunch of shuriken after the first one.
- In Naruto: Shippūden episode 378, Hiruzen's shuriken manifest from smoke like the Shadow Clone Technique.