|Shuriken Shadow Clone Technique|
|Rōmaji||Shuriken Kage Bunshin no Jutsu|
|English anime||Ninja Art: Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu|
|Manga||Volume #13, Naruto Chapter #117|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #69|
|Movie||Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower|
|Game||Naruto: Konoha Ninpōchō|
|OVA||Chūnin Exam on Fire! Naruto vs. Konohamaru!|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game, Movie|
|Classification||Ninjutsu, Clone Techniques, Shurikenjutsu|
|Range||Short to Mid range|
|Hand seals||Ox → Dog → Dragon → Rat → Dog → Boar → Snake → Tiger|
The Shuriken Shadow Clone Technique is a shurikenjutsu technique invented by Hiruzen Sarutobi, whose conceptualisation and efficiency with it can certainly be said to be unique to the "Professor".
The user creates up to a thousand shadow clones from one shuriken, striking down the enemy. This is a technique that combines ninja tools with ninjutsu. Compared to normal shadow clones, clones of material objects are said to be on a far higher level. There is no need for preparations beforehand, like stocking up on shuriken, or kunai, yet since the shadow clones are real and not illusions, all the shadow blades that fly around are equally lethal. Because the clones form in just an instant, completely evading them is next to impossible. This technique can also be used on fūma shuriken, increasing its lethality.
- In the anime, a member of the Watari Ninja masquerading as the Cursed Warrior performed this technique against Team Guy.
- In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower, Minato was shown to be able to use this technique with his Flying Thunder God Kunai.
- In the anime, Jiraiya attempted to perform this technique as a child, but instead clumsily threw a bunch of shuriken after the first one.
- While normally the shuriken appear out of thin air, when used by Hiruzen at one point in the anime, the shuriken manifest from smoke, similar to how the Shadow Clone Technique works.
- In the anime, Naruto Uzumaki uses the Shadow Clone Technique's hand seal to perform the technique.