Shadow–Neck Binding Technique
|Rōmaji||Kage–Kubishibari no Jutsu|
|Literal English||Shadow–Neck Binding Technique|
|Viz manga||Suffocating Darkness|
|English TV||Ninja Art: Shadow Strangle Jutsu|
|Other||Leaf Secret: Shadow–Neck Binding Technique (木ノ葉秘伝・影首縛りの術, Konoha Hiden: Kage–Kubishibari no Jutsu; Literally meaning "Tree Leaf Secret: Shadow–Neck Binding Technique"), Secret Leaf Technique: Shadow Strangle Jutsu|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #79|
|Game||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga and Game|
|Range||Short to Mid range|
|Hand seals||Dragon → Tiger → Rat|
|Parent jutsu||Shadow Imitation Technique|
A technique developed from the Nara clan's hiden Shadow Imitation Technique with combat in mind. It is possible to inflict direct damage to the enemy by transforming and moving shadows endowed with physical power.
It is possible to attack body parts like fingers and such by turning the shadow slender and to bind the opponent's body in order to restrain them. It was given its name because, above all else, strangulation is the most efficient method. The smaller the distance to the target, the greater the power of the shadow. This technique cannot be used for an extended period of time, as it weakens with each passing minute.
- Shikamaru used this technique on himself to break his finger, using the pain to escape from Tayuya's genjutsu.
- In the anime it was shown that this technique can be manipulated in a similar manner to the Shadow Sewing Technique.
- The technique appears in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm as Shikamaru's ultimate technique. However, rather than strangling the opponent, it binds them to a nearby rock and then tightly squeezes them, destroying the rock and crushing the opponent.
- In Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2, using this technique on multiple opponents at once gives it the name Shadow Sinking Technique.
- Shikaku calls this technique "Leaf Secret: Shadow–Neck Binding Technique" (木ノ葉秘伝・影首縛りの術, Konoha Hiden: Kage–Kubishibari no Jutsu; Literally meaning "Tree Leaf Secret: Shadow–Neck Binding Technique"). Shikamaru also calls it like this in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3, Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja 4 and Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja 5.