Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Outer Path — Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique |
|Rōmaji||Gedō — Rinne Tensei no Jutsu|
|Literal English||Outer Path — Saṃsāra of Heavenly Life Technique|
|English anime||Gedo Art of Rinne Rebirth|
|English games||Heretical Art of Rinne Rebirth|
|Alternative names||Rinne Rebirth Jutsu|
|Manga||Volume #48, Naruto Chapter #449|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #174|
|Movie||Naruto the Movie: Blood Prison|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2|
|OVA||Naruto Shippūden: UNSG anime cutscenes|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game, Movie|
|Classification||Kekkei Genkai, Ninjutsu, Reincarnation Ninjutsu, Dōjutsu, Kinjutsu|
|Hand seals||Ram → Snake|
The Outer Path — Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique is a reincarnation ninjutsu used through the Outer Path, which can infuse new life into the bodies of those who have died in exchange for the user's own life.
To perform this technique, the user summons the King of Hell, which then releases the souls of the deceased from its mouth. The deceased individuals' souls may be recalled from even the crossroad between life and the afterlife, returning to their rejuvenated bodies. While using this technique, the user is severely weakened and their hair becomes white, a result of overexerting their power. Ultimately, once the technique is finished, the user inevitably dies.
This technique can also be used to transform the corpse vessel of an individual revived by Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation into a real body of living flesh and blood. However, whereas the rest of the reincarnated Madara Uchiha's body was made real, his eyes instead crumbled into dust upon his resurrection.
The exact range and power of this technique are unknown, but on separate occasions it has targeted a large number of recently deceased individuals and a single individual who has been dead for more than a decade.
As with many of the Rinnegan's techniques, it is influenced by Buddhist terminology. Gedō (外道, lit. "Outer Path"), derived from the Sanskrit Tīrthika, refers to any doctrine which "treads the outer path" to enlightenment. This is opposed to the teachings of orthodox Buddhism, the Naidō (内道, Literally meaning: Inner Path), and is thus considered misguided and heretical.
- When written as '輪廻転生', Rinne Tensei means "the circle of transmigration" or "metempsychosis".
- When Nagato was preparing to use this technique, Konan feared for the worst due to him being low on chakra, implying he could have potentially survived its usage, though the fourth databook clarified that usage of this technique comes at the cost of the user's life. However, based on Konan's reaction, Nagato could have been an exception due to his lineage had he not exhausted so much chakra.
- Madara — and Obito under the guise of Madara — noted that this technique was supposed to be used to revive him. Madara would eventually be reincarnated anyway, and expressed surprise and disappointment that his return didn't go as planned, as only a living person can become the Ten-Tails' jinchūriki. Eventually, Black Zetsu successfully forced Obito to perform this technique on Madara.
- Despite using this technique, Obito was able to live a little longer thanks to Black Zetsu attaching to him.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fourth Databook, page 251
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Naruto chapter 449
- ↑ Naruto chapter 510, page 17
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Naruto chapter 614, page 5
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Naruto chapter 656, pages 14-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 657, page 1
- ↑ Naruto chapter 453, page 18
- ↑ Naruto chapter 601, page 11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 559, pages 1-2
- ↑ Naruto chapter 657, page 10