|Manual of Style|
|How to copy from Wikipedia|
|Request for Deletion|
|Chat Moderator (help page)|
- Keep in mind that these policies are ultimately guidelines. If it's found that a policy restricts something that the reason the policy was created didn't intend to restrict, then the policy should be changed.
Narutopedia has had a fair bit of issues with things not related to the wiki and users who don't actually help the wiki. For that reason among a few other things there is a policy on userpages.
Criteria for deletion
If a new userpage falls under one of these criteria it will likely be deleted:
- Is only used to create a fan profile:
- Is not related to the wiki in any way.
- Does not relate the user as an editor to the wiki.
- Userpages are for editors to give information about themselves as editors on the wiki; ie: Past wiki editing experiences, what they do on the wiki, and preferred methods of contact, thus personal userpages are deleted.
- Belongs to a user that has never contributed to the wiki.
- Simply commenting on talkpages is not considered contribution, unless you're seriously contributing to discussions on how to improve articles.
- This generally doesn't apply to simple, relevant userpages. Especially users simply sharing their userpage from the Community Central.
- One liners which don't state anything helpful or just state the obvious (this includes under construction pages).
- Is a blank page.
Generally, the idea is try to actually contribute to the wiki for a while first, then after a while just add something short to detail who you are as an editor. A fair number of our best editors don't even have userpages, most of the userpages created here just feature abuse.