|Manual of Style|
|How to copy from Wikipedia|
|Request for Deletion|
- Keep in mind that these policies are ultimately guidelines. If it's found that a policy restricts something that the reason the policy was created didn't intend to restrict, then the policy should be changed.
This is the policy for talkpages.
The Narutopedia has had a fair bit of issues with things not related to the wiki and users who don't actually help the wiki. For that reason among a few other things there is a policy on talkpages and forums.
- The Narutopedia is not a discussion forum, talkpages and forum pages should not be used for any discussion not related to improvement to the wiki itself.
- The Narutopedia is not a help forum, talkpages and forum pages are not for asking general questions about Naruto. Please use the answers wiki instead.
- When creating a discussion on a subject that already has an article, use the articles talkpage. If the subject applies to multiple articles please navigate to a page that applies to both. This is done to prevent duplicate discussions.
- The forums are for topics that apply to global changes to the wiki, initiatives to improve the wiki, or alert the community about an important topic.
- Do not revive dead discussion in order to make a point about something revealed long after the discussion stopped, if it is necessary to continue further discussion then start a new topic.
- Forum discussions which are lasting a long time and contain a lot of replies will be moved to a separate subpage to make loading the page easier.
User talkpages belong to the community, they are not the property of the user. The talkpage is a place for other users to give the user messages, and ask questions and communicate when they have done something in conflict with what they have been doing and try to settle a small issue. For this reason a number of restrictions are placed on what you can do to your own talkpage:
- Do not remove or edit old messages, the talkpage is the community's way of viewing the history of messages sent to you, this is an open public community where entire histories should be viewable.
- If your talkpage is getting large or you want to clean up old messages, you are still free to archive the old ones. You may only archive resolved discussions and discussions older than 3 months.
- Do not put up notices telling other users not to use your talkpage, or do other actions that hinder users' abilities to send messages to you.
- Messages can be removed from the talkpage if they are Wikia TOU violations, such as vulgar comments just used for unreasonable harrassment of the user. This is the ONLY acceptable reason for removing messages from a user talkpage
- Talkpages are not userpages. Content that is added by users that is akin to content that belongs on a userpage may be removed.