|Manual of Style|
|How to copy from Wikipedia|
|Request for Deletion|
|Chat Moderator (help page)|
- Keep in mind that these policies are ultimately guidelines. If it's found that a policy restricts something that the reason the policy was created didn't intend to restrict, then the policy should be changed.
This is the policy for talkpages.
Please note the following regarding article talkpages:
- Talkpages are not for asking random questions about Naruto. These messages will be removed, as article talkpages are designed for discussing ways to improve the article itself.
- When creating a discussion on a subject that already has an article, use the articles talkpage. If the subject applies to multiple articles please navigate to a page that applies to both. This is done to prevent duplicate discussions.
- Do not revive dead discussions in order to make a point about something revealed long after the discussion stopped, if it is necessary to continue further discussion then start a new topic.
- If a discussion on a talkpage is particularly active, it is recommended that the discussion be moved to a forum thread: this is because edit conflicts will make it impossible for an editor to actually contribute since, by the time they have typed out a message or at least tried to add their message during a conflict, they still won't be able to post if several other edits have been made in the time spent trying to add a message.
User talkpages belong to the community, they are not the property of the user. The talkpage is a place for other users to give the user messages, and ask questions and communicate when they have done something in conflict with what they have been doing and try to settle a small issue. For this reason a number of restrictions are placed on what you can do to your own talkpage:
- Do not remove or edit old messages, the talkpage is the community's way of viewing the history of messages sent to you, this is an open public community where entire histories should be viewable.
- If your talkpage is getting large or you want to clean up old messages, you are still free to archive the old ones. You may only archive resolved discussions and discussions older than 3 months.
- Do not put up notices telling other users not to use your talkpage, or do other actions that hinder users' abilities to send messages to you.
- Messages can be removed from the talkpage if they are Wikia TOU violations, such as vulgar comments just used for unreasonable harrassment of the user. This is the ONLY acceptable reason for removing messages from a user talkpage.
- Talkpages are not userpages. Content that is added by users that is akin to content that belongs on a userpage may be removed.