This image is from a comic strip, webcomic or from the cover or interior of a comic book. The copyright for this image is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic or the writer(s) and/or artist(s) which produced the comic in question. It is believed that the use of comic book scans:
- Images of the cover of a comic book:
- To illustrate the issue of the comic book in question.
- To illustrate the periodical comic book series of which this issue is a part.
- To illustrate the copyrighted comic book character(s) or group(s) on the cover of the issue in question.
- Images of a single panel from a comic strip or an interior page of a comic book:
- To illustrate the scene or storyline depicted.
- To illustrate the copyrighted character(s) or group(s) depicted on the excerpted panel in question.
- Where no free alternative exists or can be created due to but not limited to:
- When an image contains graphics or other things which may be trademarked and therefore even a image drawn by an editor would not be free-use due to trademark.
- When the originality of the original image is needed to depict itself in ways that a freely reproduced image could not depict.
- On the Narutopedia (http://naruto.wikia.com), hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia, Inc. (wikia.com)
...qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See the Fair use policy.
| To the uploader:
| This tag is not a sufficient claim of fair use. You must also include the source of the work, all available copyright information, and a detailed fair use rationale.
If possible please use one of the more specific modes of the Fair use template, listed at Template:Fair use.