See also: Narutopedia:Sysop
Anyone can revert vandalism and bad-faith edits, but it takes a couple of clicks in the page history to get it done. Users with the "rollback" permission are able to undo bad edits with one click, by using the rollback link on diff pages, user contributions list, or the list of recent changes.
It is vitally important that any user with the rollback permission understands the purpose for which it was designed. Misuse of rollback will result in the permission being removed until such a time as the administration decides the user is capable of using it properly. Rollback should be used:
- If the edit is obvious spam or vandalism
- To revert own edits in the user's userspace
- Accidental edits made by the user him/herself
- To revert edits that were made by a banned user or
- To revert widespread bad edits by a particular user or bot (in the unlikely circumstance the user is misguided or the bot is malfunctioning)
For more information on the appropriate use of rollback, please click this link
It is important to note that sysops already have rollback rights by default. Users with rollback rights are just users who are not necessarily a sysop. A list of rollback users can be found at: Special:Listusers/rollback.
On Narutopedia, rollback is a viral permission. Any user with rollback has the ability to give the rollback permission to another user. If it's used to cause trouble rollback may be removed by any sysop or bureaucrat. Users should not request rollback if they do not understand what it is for and will have it revoked until such a time as the user is aware of it's purpose.