Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
See also: Narutopedia:Sysop This page explains the rollback user right and group, and provides some tips for those who are rollback users for best practice.
Anyone can revert vandalism and bad-faith edits, but it takes a couple of clicks in the page history to get it done. Users with the "rollback" permission are able to undo bad edits with one click, by using the rollback link on diff pages, user contributions list, or the list of recent changes.
It is important to note that sysops already have rollback rights by default. Users with rollback rights are just users who are not necessarily a sysop but are trusted enough to remove vandalism. A list of rollback users can be found at: Special:Listusers/rollback.
On Narutopedia, rollback additionally includes the ability for users to suppress redirects when moving files or articles.
It is vitally important that any user with the rollback permission understands the purpose for which it was designed. Users should not request rollback if they do not understand its purpose, as misuse of the rollback power will result in the flag being removed until such a time as the administration decides the user is capable of using it properly. Rollback should be used:
- If the edit is obvious spam or vandalism
- To revert own edits in the user's userspace or accidental edits made by the user him/herself
- To revert edits that were made by a banned user or
- To revert widespread bad edits by a particular user or bot (in the unlikely circumstance the user is misguided or the bot is malfunctioning)
For more information on the appropriate use of rollback, please click this link
When using rollback, remember this: the rollback tool provides no ability to give a reason, so any user seeing the reason will likely believe that you are determining their edit to be nothing less than common vandalism. If you are not sure the edit is vandalism, do not use rollback, but undo the edit and explain why in the edit summary.
Please note that if the flag has been removed because of vandalism, the user cannot request it back until they have proven they will not abuse it.
- Rollbacks who have turned into obvious vandals will have the tool revoked immediately. Similarily, if a user has become inactive for a long period of time, they are liable to lose the rollback too, but they can petition to have it restored by contacting another rollback, if they have proven to make a steady return to the wiki.