|Manual of Style|
|How to copy from Wikipedia|
|Request for Deletion|
|Chat Moderator (help page)|
This is the Narutopedia's Manual of Style, please do not do any reorganization and cleanup of wikitext on the wiki unless you are fixing things to follow this style guideline.
- (main) - The beginning section with general intro. This is the one without a section name.
- Background - Historical and background information on the character.
- Personality - Information on the character's personality.
- Abilities - Information on the characters special abilities and techniques.
- Tailed Beast Skills
- Kekkei Genkai - Specific Kekkei Genkai abilities.
- Nature Transformation
- Other info - Things like Naruto's history with the Demon fox should be placed in this area. Or perhaps made as a subsection of an appropriate section.
- Part in the Story - Section container, the characters actions within the story would be here.
- Part I
- Some arc
- Part II
- Some other arc
- Part I
- Trivia - Trivia items. Organized in list format using * at the start of the line (Stylistically a space after that * would be nice.)
- Quotes - Character quotes. The character shouting out a Jutsu name shouldn't be considered a jutsu though. Organized in the same way as Trivia. If there are multiple language forms to a character quote, it should link to an article like Dattebayo and Believe it!.
- References - Just the ==References== section with a <references/> tag below it. To collect the <ref></ref> tag info in the page. Individual bits of info should be tagged with specific citation other than just the general sources section.
- We use "Part II", not "Shippūden" for headers, otherwise we would be using "Naruto" for Part I which would be confusing and unnecessary.
- The Part I and/or Part II headers should be dropped for any character who only appears in one part or do not have a large appearance in the other (Like the Akatsuki which only make minor appearance in Part I)
- A lot of articles on the wiki haven't been style fixed, use of the ==Part in the Story== header is the proper form, please do not remove these just because you see them missing in other pages.
- When used in articles arc headers should be in the form "Some Named arc" not "Some Named Arc."
- "filler" should not be inserted into arc names.
- Articles should be written in past-tense, not present or future tense.
- Articles should be written in an in-universe style, and not refer to the reader or viewer when talking about events.
- Articles should be independent of any point in the series, it should not be required that pages be update every time a new event happens in the timeline simply because articles were written from the perspective of someone reading on the latest chapter.
- If you use the word "current" anywhere in a phrase to refer to something, you likely wrote it the wrong way.
- Headers should be in the form ==Header==, not the form == Header ==. This only applies to articles, image pages use == Summary == automatically and talkpages are free form and no changes should ever be made to header style.
- Things like
[[Chidori|chidori]]are pointless, only
[[chidori]]should be used.
- Don't bypass redirects using things like
[[Sasuke Uchiha|Sasuke]]make use of the redirect properly with
Common improper style changes
- Do not change "Pain" to "Pein", "Pain" is the correct name.
- Do not change "Nine-Tailed Demon Fox" or "Nine Tails" to "Kyūbi."
- Do not change "Hyuga," "Shippuden," or anything to a uu such as "Hyuuga," or "Shippuuden."
- Do not go adding last names to links unless you have a valid reason to do so (full character name hasn't been used earlier in the article). Full names should not be abused to bypass redirects.
- Do not change page numbers in ref tags to have a leading zero. Going around the wiki and changing 3 to 03 despite most pages sticking to 3 doesn't improve the wiki at all and just adds pointless edits, just stick with 3.
- For the Sage Mode and its techniques, we use "Sage" instead of "Hermit."