See also: Narutopedia:Rollback
Sysops or system operators are users trusted to be responsible enough to have access to the following tools:
- They have all privileges from the rollback groups and also have the ability to:
- Delete pages, page histories, files etc.
- Rename files.
- Lock (protect) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Block an IP address or user name from editing.
- Revert bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace to make changes to the interface.
The sysop flag is not a status symbol. Sysop are simply other members of the community with some extra tools on the wiki.
How do you become a sysop?
- Every founder of a wiki is automatically granted sysop access on the wiki they founded.
- Other users may also be granted this access, by the founder, or by Bureaucrats.
- A list of sysops can be found at: Special:Listusers/sysop.