Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations is the sequel to Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. It was released on March 30th 2012 in Europe, March 13th in North America, and February 23rd in Japan for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and supports worldwide online matches. The game starts from the beginning of Naruto, from the Land of Waves Arc, all the way to the battles at the Five Kage Summit Arc, and also includes anime cutscenes from the Confining the Jinchūriki Arc.
While carrying several elements previously seen in the prequels, such as playing the story mode and online tournaments, the game shows several new features and changes. The battle system has been modified for faster gameplay. The game now implements a new status meter that limits the amount of substitution jutsu that can be performed.
The story mode is divided between both Part I and Part II from the series, respectively featuring the younger and older incarnations from the series' characters. The role-playing game elements from Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2's story mode were removed in favour of consecutive battles, thus reducing the time spent during the mode. Although it mainly focuses on Naruto Uzumaki's adventures, it features new sidestories lead by supporting characters such as Minato Namikaze and Itachi Uchiha that will expand their backgrounds. While the game covers both Part I and Part II, all of the characters created for the original episodes will be playable. New animated cutscenes will be used for the story mode. With 72 playable characters and 15 supports, the game includes the debut of the new Kage introduced in Part II, as well as Kakashi Hatake's team during his childhood. Few characters appear assisting such as Fū and Torune who are teamed up with Danzō Shimura.
Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations was first announced by Namco Bandai Games in late June from 2011 in the manga magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump, promising the return of Part I characters, most notably Zabuza Momochi and Haku in response to their popularity within fans. With the addition of these characters, the staff comments the game will have a wider variety of battles than the previous game. The initial gameplay was modified during November 2011 to further balance the fights. The game's official website opened shortly afterwards. Producer Yusuke Sasaki commented the staff wanted to give combat a greater focus than its prequels. The term "Generations" was used, standing for "the ultimate ninja battle that crosses generations". The game is meant to satisfy the gamers' wishes and interests regarding the series according to Hiroshi Matsuyama, the president of CyberConnect2. Matsuyama also commented the story mode is different from Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, with Part II meant to have a different impact in the gamers. Studio Pierrot, the developer of the Naruto and Naruto: Shippūden anime series, aided CyberConnect2 in the making of new storylines to be featured in the game, resulting in new 60 minutes of created animation. On January 3, the demo release date was announced in the Jump Magazine. It was officially released January 24, 2012 on the Japanese PlayStation Store only. It contains 3 battles which are fighting Sasuke, Pain, and Tobi. The North American demo was released on the PlayStation Store on February 21st and on the Xbox Live Marketplace on February 28th with the same three battles, but with the option to choose between English and Japanese voices.
In November 2011, Namco Bandai announced the game would be released in Japan on February 23, 2012. Pre-orders will included a CD soundtrack from the game and the prequels, Ultimate Ninja Storm and Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, under the title of "Ultimate Ninja Storm Best Sound" (ナルティメットストームBestSound?) composed by Chikayo Fukuda. Additionally, during following dates, the game was announced to be released in North America and Europe in March 13, 2012 and March 30, 2012, respectively, also by Namco Bandai. Like the Japanese version, the European port will include a CD soundtrack, promoting "the first official rap single of Killer B". Namco Bandai Europe also announced a card edition including 50 cards a poster with words from Masashi Kishimoto and 8 cards for online. The card edition was never released in the UK but those who pre-ordered the Card edition on Zavvi.com as it was a exlusive to Zavvi.com would recieve an "alternative bundle" packed with a A3 Poster, 2 booster packs and a starter pack with the video game. But the actual card edition was still released in other parts of Europe.
The anime cutscenes for the story mode of the game were produced by Studio Pierrot who are in charge of the anime. They worked very closely with CyberConnect2 to create new content that is considered anime canon (unless they contradict either it or the manga) with totally new scenes and new interpretations for the old ones with major or minor changes. The whole can be seen as an exclusive sixty-minutes OVA, each segment narrated save for the Tale of Killer B, which is more along the line of a music video than a storyline.
- Tale of Naruto Uzumaki (2 cutscenes — 1, 2): Narrated by Hiruzen Sarutobi.
- Tale of Sasuke Uchiha (2 cutscenes — 3, 4): Narrated by Hiruzen Sarutobi.
- Tale of young Naruto Uzumaki (2 cutscenes — 5, 6): Narrated by Hiruzen Sarutobi.
- Tale of Jiraiya (2 cutscenes — 7, 8): Narrated by Jiraiya.
- Tale of Itachi Uchiha (2 cutscenes — 9, 10): Narrated by Tobi.
- Tale of Zabuza Momochi and Haku (2 cutscenes — 11, 12): Narrated by Kakashi Hatake.
- Tale of Minato Namikaze (2 cutscenes — 13, 14): Narrated by Minato Namikaze.
- Tale of Kakashi Hatake (2 cutscenes — 15, 16): Narrated by Kakashi Hatake.
- Tale of Gaara (2 cutscenes — 17, 18): Narrated by Gaara.
- Tale of Madara Uchiha (2 cutscenes — 19, 20): Narrated by Hiruzen Sarutobi.
- Tale of Killer B (5 cutscenes — 21, 22, 23, 24, 25): Recited by Killer B.
Some anime cutscenes of the game differ from the original anime scenes. Not only are the scenes changed, but also the colouring and lighting of some of the techniques are also lightly changed. For all cutscenes, there are rarely any blood and no amputation.
Tale of young Naruto Uzumaki
- In the first cutscene, instead of painting graffiti on the stone faces, Naruto paints his own face next to the Hokage faces.
- In the final cutscene, When Naruto and Sasuke have their final battle they yell out each other's names. In the anime, they yell their technique's names.
Tale of Jiraiya
- In the second cutscene, Fukasaku and Shima are not present when Jiraiya faces the Six Paths of Pain.
Tale of Zabuza Momochi and Haku
- In the first cutscene, Kakashi uses Lightning Cutter twice instead of once when trying to kill Zabuza, Zabuza being protected by Haku.
- In the first cutscene, Naruto and Sasuke use kunai to defend against Haku's Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals instead of Shadow Clone Technique by Naruto and Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique by Sasuke.
- In the second cutscene, Zabuza's death is changed from being impaled by various weapons from Gatō's men to being beaten to death.
Tale of Minato Namikaze
- In the first cutscene, Kurama's chakra tempts Naruto to release it during his battle with Pain rather than the fox controlling him. As Naruto is launching several punches, they all miss instead of hitting Minato.
- In both cutscenes, the background of where Minato talked with Naruto is an aurora like colour.
- In the second cutscene, Minato does not restore the Nine-Tails seal.
Tale of Gaara
- In the first cutscene, instead of Gaara protecting Sasuke from A's attack, he protects A from Sasuke's Amaterasu.
- In both cutscenes, Gaara battles Sasuke one on one, with only Kankurō and Temari around him.
- In both cutscenes, the bones of Sasuke's Susanoo are white.
Parenthesis indicate character's Awakening Modes.
- Naruto Uzumaki (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (One-Tailed Form, Four-Tailed Form)
- Sage Naruto (Six-Tailed Form)
- Naruto Uzumaki (Nine-Tails Chakra Mode)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Playable in Part I and Part II versions), playable with Chūnin Exams outfit (Playable in Hebi and Black Costume in Part II) (Curse Mark Mode, Sharingan)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Mangekyō Sharingan Mode)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Susano'o Mode)
- Sakura Haruno (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Maiden's Anger Mode, Herculean Mode)
- Kakashi Hatake (Sharingan Mode)
- Young Kakashi (White Light Blade Mode)
- Sai (Fast Writing Mode)
- Yamato (Wood Style Mode)
- Shikamaru Nara (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Shadow Imitation Mode, Strategy Mode)
- Ino Yamanaka (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Covered with Flowers Mode, Hundred Scattered Flowers Mode)
- Chōji Akimichi (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Expansion Mode, Berserker Rage Mode)
- Asuma Sarutobi (Flying Swallow Mode)
- Kiba Inuzuka (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Fang Mode, Food Pills Mode)
- Shino Aburame (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Beetle Mode)
- Hinata Hyūga (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Byakugan Mode, Twin Lion Fists Mode)
- Neji Hyūga (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Byakugan Mode)
- Rock Lee (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Eight Gates Mode)
- Tenten (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Ninja Tool Summon Mode, Ninja Tool Mode)
- Might Guy (Eight Gates Mode)
- Tsunade (Herculean Mode)
- Jiraiya (Sage Mode)
- Hiruzen Sarutobi (Hokage Mode)
- Minato Namikaze (Playable with Flak Jacket and Hokage costume) (Yellow Flash Mode)
- Obito Uchiha (Sharingan Mode)
- Hashirama Senju (Wood Release Ninjutsu Mode)
- Tobirama Senju (Water Release Ninjutsu Mode)
- Gaara (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Brutal Sand Mode, Kazekage Mode)
- Temari (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Wind Covered Mode, Heavenly Fan Dance Mode)
- Kankurō (Playable in Part I and Part II versions) (Salamander Mode, Puppet Dance Mode)
- Chiyo (Chikamatsu Ten Puppets Mode)
- Orochimaru (White Snake Mode)
- Kabuto Yakushi (Playable with Snake Cloak) (Chakra Scalpel Mode, Snake Mode)
- Kimimaro (Curse Mark Mode)
- Itachi Uchiha (Tsukuyomi Mode, Susano'o Mode)
- Kisame Hoshigaki (Samehada Fusion Mode)
- Deidara (C2 Dragon Mode)
- Sasori (Human Puppet Mode)
- Hidan (Jashin Ritual Mode)
- Kakuzu (Shinzo Mode)
- Tobi (Playable as the Masked Man) (Sharingan Mode)
- Pain (God Mode)
- Konan (Angel Mode)
- Karin (Angry Mode, Attracted Mode against Sasuke)
- Suigetsu Hōzuki (Water Arm Mode)
- Jūgo (Curse Mark Mode)
- Haku (Ice Mode)
- Zabuza Momochi (Demon Mode)
- Killer B (Full Eight-Tails Mode)
- A (Raikage Mode)
- Ōnoki (Tsuchikage Mode)
- Mei Terumī (Mizukage Mode)
- Danzō Shimura (Released Seal Mode)
- Anko Mitarashi
- Kurenai Yūhi
- Sakon and Ukon
Parenthesis indicates what are the members of the teams:
- A–B Combo (Killer B and A)
- Aburame clan (Shino and Torune)
- Adamantine Power (Tsunade and Hashirama)
- Aiming for Sasuke (Sakura, Ino, and Karin)
- Akatsuki (three Akatsuki members)
- All Boys (Sai and Sasuke)
- Animal Lovers (Jūgo, Kiba, and Shizune)
- Apprenticeship Aspiration (Part I Sakura and Tsunade)
- Artists (Deidara and Sasori)
- "Best Friends" (Naruto and Sasuke)
- Blade Masters (Suigetsu and Zabuza)
- Bonds of Love (Asuma and Kurenai)
- Boys on the Battlefield (Young Kakashi, Minato, and Obito)
- Brotherly Love (Sasuke and Itachi)
- Byakugan Users (Neji, Hinata, and Ao)
- Camp Friends (Jūgo and Kimimaro)
- Children of Prophecy (Naruto and Pain)
- Chubby (Chōji, Akatsuchi, and Jirōbō)
- Chūnin Exam Supervisors (Shikamaru and Temari)
- Curse Mark (any combination involving Sasuke, Jūgo, Anko, and Sound Five members)
- Cursed Ties (Orochimaru and Anko)
- Dangerous Characters (Itachi and Kisame)
- Duo of Fate (Minato and Masked Man)
- Eat or be Eaten (Killer B and Kisame)
- Eternal Friends (Shikamaru and Chōji)
- Eternal Rivals (Guy and Kakashi)
- Fastest in History (Minato and A)
- From Anbu Black Ops (Kakashi, Yamato, and Itachi)
- Genes of the First Hokage (Hashirama, Yamato, and Danzō)
- Generations (Naruto and Part I Naruto)
- God and Angel (Pain and Konan)
- Grandmother and Grandchild (Sasori and Chiyo)
- Gusty Master and Student (Part I Naruto and Jiraiya)
- Five Kage Summit (any combination involving Gaara, A, Danzō, Mei, and Ōnoki)
- Foundation Members (any combination involving Danzō, Sai, Fū, and Torune)
- Hebi (Sasuke and/or other Hebi members)
- Hidden Cloud Ninja (any combination involving A, Killer B, Darui, and C)
- Hidden Mist Natives (any combination involving Mei, Suigetsu, Kisame, Zabuza, Haku, Chōjūrō, and Ao)
- Hidden Rain Master and Student (Jiraiya, Pain, and Konan)
- Hidden Rock Natives (any combination involving Ōnoki, Deidara, Akatsuchi, and Kurotsuchi)
- Hokage & Aid (Tsunade and Shizune)
- Hot-Blooded Master and Student (Lee and Guy)
- The Hyūga Clan (Neji and Hinata)
- Immortal Duo (Kakuzu and Hidan)
- Inherited Necklace (Naruto, Tsunade, and Hashirama)
- Inherited Will (Shikamaru and Asuma)
- Ino–Shika–Chō (Shikamaru, Ino, and Chōji)
- Jinchūriki (Naruto, Gaara, and Killer B)
- Jiraiya's Apprentices (any combination involving Naruto, Minato, Pain, and Konan)
- Junior and Senior (Tobi and Deidara)
- Kazekage's Group (Sand Siblings)
- Leaf Chūnin (three of the Konoha 11 other than Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, Obito, and Part I Chūnin Shikamaru)
- Leaf Genin (Naruto and two of the Konoha 11 other than Part I Chūnin Shikamaru)
- Leaf Higher-Ups (any combination involving Kakashi, Yamato, Danzō, Tsunade, Guy, Asuma, Jiraiya, Hiruzen, Tobirama, Hashirama, Minato, and Shizune)
- Leaf Jōnin (any combination involving Neji, Minato, Kakashi, Yamato, Guy, Asuma, Kurenai, and Shizune)
- Leaf Peers (Naruto, and/or Sai, and two of the Konoha 11)
- Leaf Sensei (any combination involving Kakashi, Guy, Asuma, and Kurenai)
- Leaf's Light and Shadow (Hiruzen and Danzō)
- Legendary Guts (Naruto, Jiraiya, and Minato)
- The Legendary Sannin (all three Sannin)
- Like Cats and Dogs (Karin and Suigetsu)
- Love Triangle (Part I versions of Sasuke, Sakura, and Ino)
- Make-Out Comrades (Kakashi and Jiraiya)
- Mangekyō Sharingan (Taka Sasuke, Itachi, and Kakashi)
- Masked Ninja (Tobi or Masked Man, Kakuzu, and Haku)
- Mature Women (any combination involving Tsunade, Kurenai, Anko, Shizune, Mei, and Konan)
- Medical Specialists (any combination involving Sakura, Tsunade or Shizune, and Kabuto)
- Mist Assassins (Zabuza and Haku)
- Mist Ninja Swords (any combination involving Suigetsu, Kisame, Zabuza, and Chōjūrō)
- Mizukage's Group (Mei, Chōjūrō, and Ao)
- Monster Strength (Sakura and Tsunade)
- Mutual Respect (Jiraiya and Minato)
- My Son's Enemy!? (Kakashi and Chiyo)
- New Hokage's Group (Danzō, Fū, and Torune)
- New Jutsu Development Team (Naruto, Kakashi, and Yamato)
- Nostalgic Team Kakashi (Kakashi and two Part I Team Seven members)
- Odd Beast and Scourge (Guy and Kisame)
- Old Friends (Jiraiya and Tsunade)
- Ones of Wind Nature (Naruto and Asuma)
- Orochimaru Band (any combination involving Orochimaru, Kabuto, Sasuke, Karin, Jūgo, Suigetsu, and Sound Five members)
- Parent & Child (Naruto and Minato)
- Past Hokages (Any combination involving Hashirama, Tobirama, Hiruzen, Minato, Tsunade, and Danzō)
- Powerful Tag Team (Sakura and Chiyo)
- Puppet Masters (Sasori, Kankurō, and Chiyo)
- Raikage's Group (A, Darui, and C)
- Reanimation's Vessel (Part I Sasuke and Kimimaro)
- Reliable Allies (Part I Kiba and Part I Kankurō)
- Rivals in Love (Sakura and Ino)
- Sages (Sage Naruto and Jiraiya)
- The Sand Siblings (all three members)
- Sarutobi Clan (Asuma and Hiruzen)
- Sasuke Rescue Mission (any combination of the Part I versions of Naruto, Chūnin Shikamaru, Chōji, Neji, and Kiba)
- Secret Lovers (Naruto and Hinata)
- Senju Siblings (Hashirama and Tobirama)
- Shadow Women (Tsunade and Mei)
- Sharingan (any combination involving Sasuke, Kakashi, Danzō, Itachi, and Obito)
- Snake and Tactician (Orochimaru and Kabuto)
- Snake Cell (Orochimaru, Sasuke, and Snake Cloak Kabuto)
- Snake Masters (Orochimaru, Anko, and Snake Cloak Kabuto)
- The Sound Ninja Five (Kimimaro and two of the Sound Four)
- Spectacle Ninja (any combination involving Killer B, Karin, Kabuto, Shino, and Chōjūrō)
- Sublime Art (Itachi and Deidara)
- Sweet Tooth Duo (Temari and Anko)
- Taka (Taka Sasuke and other Taka members)
- Taka and Hebi (Sasuke and Orochimaru)
- Team Asuma (Asuma and two members of Ino-Shika-Cho)
- Team Guy (Team Guy members)
- Team Hiruzen (Hiruzen and two of the Sannin)
- Team Kakashi (all three Team Kakashi members)
- Team New Kakashi (any combination involving Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and Yamato)
- Team Kurenai (Team Kurenai members)
- Team Seven (three Team Seven members)
- Team 7 Captains (Kakashi and Yamato)
- The Two, Grown up (Sage Naruto and Taka Sasuke)
- Those Steeped in Darkness (Orochimaru, Sasuke, and Kabuto)
- Those Who Know Loneliness (Naruto and Gaara)
- The Truth of the Uchiha (Taka Sasuke and Tobi)
- Tsuchikge's Group (Ōnoki, Akatsuchi, and Kurotsuchi)
- Tsunade and Pupil (Tsunade, Sakura, and Shizune)
- Uchiha Clan (any combination involving Sasuke, Part I Sasuke, Itachi, and Obito)
- Utterly Gusty Master and Student (Naruto and Jiraiya)
- Whiskered Warriors (any combination involving Hiruzen, Asuma, Killer B, A, and Ōnoki)
- Worthy Past Opponents (Young Kakashi and Obito)
- Yamanaka Clan (Ino and Fū)
- Konohagakure (Part I, Normal, Destroyed, Ruined)
- Training Field (Day, Evening)
- Grassy Waves Prairie
- Forest of Death
- Forest of Quiet Movement (Day, Evening, Night)
- Konohagakure Forest (Day, Evening)
- Five Kage Summit Venue
- Great Naruto Bridge
- Orochimaru's Hideout (Normal, Destroyed)
- Akatsuki Hideout
- The Uchiha Hideout (Normal, Destroyed)
- Forest of Dead Trees
- Amegakure (Upper, Lower)
- Chūnin Exams Stadium
- Chūnin Exams Preliminary Arena
- Lookout Tower
- Valley of the End (Clear Weather, Rainy Weather)
- Bridge in the Land of Iron
- Storm Cloud Ravine
- Madara's Hideout
- Site of Planetary Devastation
- Five-Seal Barrier Cliff
- Sunagakure Gate
- Mount Myōboku
- Inn Town
|Tale of Naruto Uzumaki complete||Completed Tale of Naruto Uzumaki.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Sasuke Uchiha complete||Completed Tale of Sasuke Uchiha.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Young Naruto complete||Completed Tale of Young Naruto.||Bronze||15G|
|Substitution Jutsu Master||Substitution Jutsu collected: 80%||Bronze||15G|
|Ninja Info Card Collector||Ninja Info Card images collected: 50%||Bronze||5G|
|Ninja Tool Master||Ninja Tools collected: 80%||Bronze||15G|
|Image Master||Images collected: 80%||Bronze||15G|
|Ultimate Jutsu Movie Master||Ultimate Jutsu scenes collected: 80%||Bronze||15G|
|First S Rank!||You've earned your first S rank in a battle.||Bronze||5G|
|Introductory Stage Survivor!||You've completed all of Introductory Survival.||Bronze||15G|
|Beginner Survivor!||You've completed all of Beginner Survival.||Bronze||15G|
|Intermediate Survivor!||You've completed all of Intermediate Survival.||Bronze||15G|
|Advanced Survivor!||You've completed all of Advanced Survival.||Bronze||15G|
|10 Down||You've defeated 10 opponents in Ultimate Survival.||Silver||30G|
|Team Seven Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Team Seven Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Sand Genin Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Sand Genin Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Boy's Life Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Boy's Life Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|New Team Seven Tournament Champ!||You've Completed the New Team Seven Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Leaf Chunin Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Leaf Chunin Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Ultimate Ninja Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Ultimate Ninja Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Leaf Higher-Up Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Leaf Higher-Up Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Shippuden Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Shippuden Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Peerless Ninja Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Peerless Ninja Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Akatsuki Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Akatsuki Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|Five Kage Tournament Champ!||You've completed the Five Kage Tournament.||Bronze||15G|
|First Shopping!||You've done your first shopping.||Bronze||5G|
|First Ninja Tool Edit!||You've edited a ninja tool set for the first time.||Bronze||5G|
|Wealthy Ninja||You've earned a total of 1,000,000 Ryo.||Silver||50G|
|I'm the greatest ninja!||You've acquired all trophies./You've unlocked all achievements.||Platinum||0G|
|Tale of Minato Namikaze complete||Completed Tale of Minato Namikaze.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Itachi Uchiha complete||Completed Tale of Itachi Uchiha.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Madara Uchiha complete||Completed Tale of Madara Uchiha.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Zabuza and Haku complete||Completed Tale of Zabuza and Haku.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Jiraiya complete||Completed Tale of Jiraiya.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Gaara complete||Completed Tale of Gaara.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Kakashi Hatake complete||Completed Tale of Kakashi Hatake.||Bronze||15G|
|Tale of Killer Bee complete||Completed Tale of Killer Bee.||Bronze||15G|
|Card Collection Master||Ninja Info Card images collected: 80%||Gold||100G|
|Alias Master||Titles collected: 80%||Gold||100G|
|Gimme a Hand!||You can now use all support characters.||Bronze||5G|
|Master Survivor!||You've completed all of Survival Mode.||Silver||30G|
|Five Kage Summit||All Kage at the Five Kage Summit can now be used.||Bronze||5G|
|Past Hokages||You can now use all past Hokages.||Bronze||5G|
|Younger Version||You can use all characters of the Young Version.||Bronze||15G|
|Shippuden||You can use all the characters from Shippuden.||Bronze||15G|
|Game Master!||You've played for a total of over 30 hours.||Bronze||30G|
|Ninja Lover!||You've used all leader characters.||Gold||50G|
|Ultimate Ninja Gathering||You can now use all characters.||Silver||50G|
|Tournament Champ!||You've completed all Challenge Tournaments.||Silver||30G|
- There is a glitch that allows the player to go out of bounds. When a player using the air combo in the Chūnin Exams Preliminary Arena cancels and re-does the technique many times, they can go upstairs.
- There is another glitch that allows the player to go out of bounds. If a player uses Orochimaru and hits the opponent with his technique in the Lookout Tower where the corner is made with the wall and the purple boundary, Orochimaru will end up going out of bounds and able to walk inside of the wall.
- There is another glitch that involves Kakuzu and Hidan. If you select either Kakuzu or Hidan's "Attack" support type and in the match and cause a "Strike Back" with either character, their voices will be switched (Kakuzu having Hidan's voice and Hidan having Kakuzu's voice).
- There is currently a bug that allows the user to utilise support-only characters in Training Mode, the characters being limited to their support attack and chakra shuriken techniques.
- There is an interesting fact about the Lookout Tower stage. If a player successfully does a combo that sends the opponent flying (for example, Part I Naruto's forward/back combo) and it's directed at the purple boundary wall, the opponent will crash into the wall, stay there for several seconds, and then fall from the wall hit. If this happens, the opponent takes extra damage from hitting the wall. This is currently the only stage known where this can happen.
- The North American/UK versions of the game incorrectly credits Brian Donovan as Tsunade's English voice actor in the intro sequence, as well as Nolan North for "Madara's" voice in Naruto and Sasuke's tale.
- Strangely in the tale of Madara Uchiha, the player does not actually play as either Madara or Tobi. Instead, the other Akatsuki members are playable in this tale with Madara only appearing in opening cutscene while Tobi narrates the events and appears in the epilogue cutscene.
- In the tale of Kakashi Hatake, Kakashi reveals that the bell test he used on Team 7 mirrored the training that he and the rest of Team Minato endured under their teacher. One change, however, is that Rin and Obito worked together to fight Minato.
- If one looks at the Substitution item "Naruto's Answer Sheet" long enough, it will appear to spin in the opposite direction for a while then change back to its original rotation direction.
- It was confirmed that the game shipped over 1 million copies around the world.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Kakashi's Mangekyō Sharingan is facing the wrong way but it was fixed in this game.
|Ultimate Ninja series||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - Card Battle - Mission - Online - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes - 2 - 3 - Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Impact - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 2 - 3 - Generations - Revolution|
|Uzumaki Chronicles series||Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles - 2 - Naruto Shippūden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising - Naruto Shippūden: Kizuna Drive|
|Path of the Ninja series||Naruto: Path of the Ninja - 2 - RPG 2 - Naruto: Konoha Senki - Naruto: Konoha Ninpōchō|
|Ninja Council series||Naruto: Ninja Council - 2 - 2 (European Version) - 3 - 4 - Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Rumble - Naruto Shippūden: Naruto vs. Sasuke|
|Ninja Destiny series||Naruto: Ninja Destiny - 2 - 3|
|Clash of Ninja series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - EX - EX 2 - EX 3 - Special - Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - 2 - 3|
|Other Naruto Games||Naruto: Shinobi no Sato no Jintori Kassen - Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - Naruto: The Broken Bond - Naruto Shippūden 3D: The New Era - Naruto Shippūden: Dragon Blade Chronicles - Naruto SD Powerful Shippūden|
|Other Related Games||Jump Super Stars - Jump Ultimate Stars - Battle Stadium D.O.N - J-Stars Victory VS|