Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is a game in development by CyberConnect2 and published by Namco-Bandai games. It will be release someday in March 2013 for North America and Europe for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3. The game will start with a flashback from the beginning of the Nine-Tails' Attack on Konoha and then start with the Five Kage Summit Arc all the way to an unknown point in the Shinobi World War Arc. For Europe, the game also features the Will of Fire Edition and the True Despair Edition.
Namco Bandai stated that the game will feature a 'more profound' story and a combat system that is 'aimed to further evolution'. It is also confirmed that players can go into awakening mode at any point during the battle, even in the middle of a combo. A new addition to the game is that there are now two awakening modes: Instant and Adversity Awakening. Another feature is that once a player uses their awakening early, their chakra bar decreases and if a player depletes their chakra completely while in the early awakening mode, they will have to wait for a period before being able to charge their chakra. Also characters who are awakened can now be grabbed or hit by an ultimate jutsu. Similar to Naruto Shippūden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, and other Naruto Wii games, characters can now be knocked out of the ring and automatically lose the match. Also, there will be stage destruction in addition to ring outs.
It's also confirmed that there is a new addition in the Team Attack System as the player can now use their support characters to get ready to charge and attack. Also, support characters now have health bars and once their health is depleted, the support player can no longer be used.
Boss battles will also make their return to the game. The game will also have the return of missions in Konoha during story mode. The story mode will also feature "hack and slash" battles, similar to Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Impact. There will be a new system known as "The Ultimate Decision", where players will be able to follow different paths in the game
Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 was first announced by Namco Bandai Games in June 2012 in the manga magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump. With the official announcement, Yusuke Sasaki from Namco Bandai promised improvements regarding the fighting system and the story mode. CyberConnect2 CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama also promised the return of "epic boss battles" that were absent in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.
In August 2012, CyberConnect2 started a new suggestion form in their official website, requesting players from all the world their opinions regarding what they would like to see in Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and upcoming Naruto games they would release. In July 2012, Comic-Con International, Namco Bandai Games America representatives confirmed plans for a Spring 2013 release in North America.
In October 28, London MCM Expo, CyberConnect2 CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama announced a card edition, a poster, Naruto Goku DLC costume, the original Naruto Storm 3 soundtrack, the Naruto Storm 3 game, a figurine by Banpresto, and a Naruto edition and a Sasuke edition. They also stated that those who pre-order will get five free downloadable costumes, including Armoured Naruto.
Confirmed Playable Characters
- Naruto Uzumaki (Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, Hokage Mode, Samurai Costume, Goku Costume)
- Sage Naruto
- Sasuke Uchiha (Susano'o Mode)
- Sakura Haruno (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Kakashi Hatake (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Sai (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Shikamaru Nara (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Ino Yamanaka (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Chōji Akimichi (Allied Shinobi Forces, Butterfly Mode)
- Rock Lee
- Tenten (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Neji Hyūga (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Shino Aburame (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Hinata Hyūga (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Kiba Inuzuka (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Might Guy
- Hiruzen Sarutobi
- Minato Namikaze
- Gaara (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Kankurō (Allied Shinobi Forces)
- Killer B
- Mei Terumī
- Masked Man
- Kabuto Yakushi (Snake Cloak)
- Suigetsu Hōzuki
- Hanzō (Reincarnated)
- Sasori (Reincarnated)
- Asuma Sarutobi (Reincarnated)
- Deidara (Reincarnated)
- Kurama (Nine-Tails' Attack on Konoha)
- Kurama (Confining the Jinchūriki Arc)
- Masked Man
- Sasuke Uchiha (Bridge in the Land of Iron)
- Demonic Statue of the Outer Path
Confirmed Playable Stages
- Konohagakure (Normal, Construction)
- Forest of Quiet Movement (Day, Night)
- Konohagakure Forest (Day)
- Five Kage Summit Venue
- Storm Cloud Ravine
- Samurai Bridge (Bridge, River)
- The Coast of the Land of Lightning
- Unlike all previous Naruto games, for any console, this is the first one to be rated PEGI 16 in Europe.
- The "hack and slash" element was present in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, during the boss battle against Pain as Jiraiya.
|Ultimate Ninja series||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - Card Battle - Mission - Online - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes - 2 - 3 - Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Impact - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 2 - 3 - Generations - Revolution|
|Uzumaki Chronicles series||Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles - 2 - Naruto Shippūden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising - Naruto Shippūden: Kizuna Drive|
|Path of the Ninja series||Naruto: Path of the Ninja - 2 - RPG 2 - Naruto: Konoha Senki - Naruto: Konoha Ninpōchō|
|Ninja Council series||Naruto: Ninja Council - 2 - 2 (European Version) - 3 - 4 - Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Rumble - Naruto Shippūden: Naruto vs. Sasuke|
|Ninja Destiny series||Naruto: Ninja Destiny - 2 - 3|
|Clash of Ninja series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - EX - EX 2 - EX 3 - Special - Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - 2 - 3|
|Other Naruto Games||Naruto: Shinobi no Sato no Jintori Kassen - Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - Naruto: The Broken Bond - Naruto Shippūden 3D: The New Era - Naruto Shippūden: Dragon Blade Chronicles - Naruto SD Powerful Shippūden|
|Other Related Games||Jump Super Stars - Jump Ultimate Stars - Battle Stadium D.O.N - J-Stars Victory VS|