|Naruto Shippūden: Ninja Destiny 3|
|(ナルト- 疾風伝 忍列伝III, Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Retsuden 3)|
|Video game info|
|Playable on||Nintendo DS|
|Previous||Naruto Shippūden: Ninja Destiny 2|
|Japanese||April 28, 2009|
Naruto Shippūden: Ninja Destiny 3 is the third part of Naruto Shinobi Retsuden series.
At a certain point in the Story Mode, the player can fight against Matatabi with Hidan or Kakuzu, and also go against Isobu at the end, with Sasuke Uchiha. Characters are playable, both in their Part I and Part II appearances. This game also features a Beast Battle Mode where the tailed beasts, Matatabi and Isobu can be fought again, along with three other masked beasts (仮面獣, kamenjū) exclusive to this game.
Certain characters in this game have two special attacks instead of just one and they are as follows:
- Naruto Uzumaki (うずまきナルト, Uzumaki Naruto) (playable in Part I and Part II, also playable in a Nine-Tails form, also playable in a one-tailed form, also playable in a four-tailed form)
- Sasuke Uchiha (うちはサスケ, Uchiha Sasuke) (playable in Part I and Part II, also playable in a Cursed Seal form)
- Sakura Haruno (春野サクラ, Haruno Sakura) (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Kakashi Hatake
- Neji Hyūga (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Rock Lee (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Might Guy
- Gaara (我愛羅, Gaara) (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Temari (テマリ, Temari) (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Hinata Hyūga (日向ヒナタ, Hyūga Hinata)
- Kurenai Yūhi (夕日紅, Yūhi Kurenai)
- Shikamaru Nara (playable in Part I and Part II)
- Asuma Sarutobi
- Hidan (飛段, Hidan)
- Kakuzu (角都, Kakuzu)
- Deidara (デイダラ, Deidara)
- Sasori (サソリ, Sasori)
- Itachi Uchiha (うちはイタチ, Uchiha Itachi)
- Kisame Hoshigaki (干柿鬼鮫, Hoshigaki Kisame)
- Hashirama Senju (千手柱間, Senju Hashirama)
- Tobirama Senju (千手扉間, Senju Tobirama)
- Tsunade (綱手, Tsunade)
- Orochimaru (大蛇丸, Orochimaru)
- Jiraiya (自来也, Jiraiya)
- Minato Namikaze (波風ミナト, Namikaze Minato)
- Iruka Umino
- Kabuto Yakushi (薬師カブト, Yakushi Kabuto)
- Hiruzen Sarutobi (猿飛ヒルゼン, Sarutobi Hiruzen)
- Unlike the other games released for the Nintendo DS, this is the only game to not have been translated into English officially.
- The tailed beasts Matatabi and Isobu are simply referred to as Two-Tails (二尾, Nibi) and Three-Tails (三尾, Sanbi) in this game, whereas the masked beasts are referred to as Masked Beast First-Type (仮面獣 壱式, Kamenjū Ichishiki), Masked Beast Second-Type (仮面獣 弐式, Kamenjū Nishiki) and Masked Beast Third-Type (仮面獣 参式, Kamenjū Sanshiki) respectively.
- The first masked beast uses wind-natured attacks and takes the appearance of what looks like a dog or a wolf, the second masked beast uses fire-natured attacks and takes the appearance of a wild boar, and the third masked beast uses water-natured attacks and takes the appearance of a bear.