|Naruto Shippūden: Ninja Destiny 3|
|(ナルト- 疾風伝 忍列伝III, Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Retsuden 3)|
|Video game info|
|Playable on||Nintendo DS|
|Japanese||April 28, 2009|
Naruto Shippūden: Ninja Destiny 3 is the third part of Naruto Shinobi Retsuden series.
At a certain point in the Story Mode, the player can fight against Matatabi with Hidan or Kakuzu, and also go against Isobu at the end, with Sasuke Uchiha. Characters are playable, both in their Part I and Part II appearances. This game also features a Beast Battle Mode where the tailed beasts, Matatabi and Isobu can be fought again, along with three other masked beasts (仮面獣, kamenjū) exclusive to this game.
Certain characters in this game have two special attacks instead of just one and they are as follows:
- Naruto Uzumaki (playable in Part I and Part II, also playable in a Nine-Tails form, also playable in a one-tailed form, also playable in a four-tailed form)
- Sasuke Uchiha (playable in Part I and Part II, also playable in a Cursed Seal form)
- Sakura Haruno (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Kakashi Hatake
- Neji Hyūga (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Rock Lee (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Might Guy
- Gaara (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Temari (playable with both pre- and post-timeskip outfits)
- Hinata Hyūga
- Kurenai Yūhi
- Shikamaru Nara (playable in Part I and Part II)
- Asuma Sarutobi
- Itachi Uchiha
- Kisame Hoshigaki
- Hashirama Senju
- Tobirama Senju
- Minato Namikaze
- Iruka Umino
- Kabuto Yakushi
- Hiruzen Sarutobi
- Unlike the other games released for the Nintendo DS, this is the only game to not have been translated into English officially.
- The tailed beasts Matatabi and Isobu are simply referred to as Two-Tails (二尾, Nibi) and Three-Tails (三尾, Sanbi) in this game, whereas the masked beasts are referred to as Masked Beast First-Type (仮面獣 壱式, Kamenjū Ichishiki), Masked Beast Second-Type (仮面獣 弐式, Kamenjū Nishiki) and Masked Beast Third-Type (仮面獣 参式, Kamenjū Sanshiki) respectively.
- The first masked beast uses wind-natured attacks and takes the appearance of what looks like a dog or a wolf, the second masked beast uses fire-natured attacks and takes the appearance of a wild boar, and the third masked beast uses water-natured attacks and takes the appearance of a bear.