|Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special|
| (ナルト- 疾風伝 激闘忍者大戦! Special, Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special)
|Video game info|
|Series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja|
|Japanese||December 2, 2010|
Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special (ナルト- 疾風伝 激闘忍者大戦! Special, Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special) is the eighth instalment of the Gekitō Ninja Taisen series.
Several changes have been made to the roster in that changes from Naruto Shippūden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 have been carried over to this game, such as the new alternate special attacks, reworked Latent Ninja Powers, and the new alternate throws, however some characters such as the Sannin receive new default special attacks, and many attacks also gain a wall-slamming effect. Characters such as Anko (not seen since Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4), post-time skip Ino, and ANBU Kakashi make their debut in Japan from Revolution 3 (barring Towa, Komachi, Bando and Kagura however) as well as most of the Revolution series stages. Several new and altered characters also appear. Like with Revolution 3, the game is Wi-fi compatible.
Also, a brand new substitution bar is added next to all characters' health bars and fill up from taking damage, which now allows the usage of the Body Replacement Technique without draining the main chakra bar. This also acts as the partner's own chakra bar in 2-Man Squad Tag Team battles for assist attacks.
- Naruto Uzumaki (can enter a Three-Tailed form, also playable in a Sage Mode form)
- Sasuke Uchiha
- Sakura Haruno
- Kakashi Hatake (also playable with an ANBU outfit)
- Might Guy
- Rock Lee
- Neji Hyūga
- Asuma Sarutobi
- Shikamaru Nara
- Ino Yamanaka
- Chōji Akimichi
- Kurenai Yūhi
- Kiba Inuzuka
- Shino Aburame
- Hinata Hyūga (also playable in an Awakened form)
- Itachi Uchiha
- Kisame Hoshigaki
- Sasori (also playable while in Hiruko)
- Kabuto Yakushi
- Anko Mitarashi
- Yūgao Uzuki
- Killer B (can enter a Four-Tailed form)
- Minato Namikaze
- A majority of the soundtrack is switched around from stage to stage and such, such as the character select screen now having one of the story mode tracks and the default Valley of the End's theme being the 3 Way Deadlock theme. Reasons for these soundtrack changes are unknown.