|Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special|
| (ナルト- 疾風伝 激闘忍者大戦! Special, Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special)
|Video game info|
|Series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja|
|Previous||Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! EX 3|
|Japanese||December 2, 2010|
Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special (ナルト- 疾風伝 激闘忍者大戦! Special, Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special) is the eighth instalment of the Gekitō Ninja Taisen series.
Several changes have been made to the roster in that changes from Naruto Shippūden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 have been carried over to this game, such as the new alternate special attacks, reworked Latent Ninja Powers, and the new alternate throws, however some characters such as the Sannin receive new default special attacks, and many attacks also gain a wall-slamming effect. Characters such as Anko (not seen since Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4), post-time skip Ino, and Anbu Kakashi make their debut in Japan from Revolution 3 (barring Towa, Komachi, Bando and Kagura however) as well as most of the Revolution series stages. Several new and altered characters also appear. Like with Revolution 3, the game is Wi-fi compatible.
Also, a brand new substitution bar is added next to all characters' health bars and fill up from taking damage, which now allows the usage of the Body Replacement Technique without draining the main chakra bar. This also acts as the partner's own chakra bar in 2-Man Squad Tag Team battles for assist attacks. Another major feature is the ability to use both the Classic and Gamecube controller schemes to follow the motions to power-up specials, just like with the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo scheme.
- Naruto Uzumaki (うずまきナルト, Uzumaki Naruto) (can enter a Three-Tailed form, also playable in a Sage Mode form)
- Sasuke Uchiha (うちはサスケ, Uchiha Sasuke)
- Sakura Haruno (春野サクラ, Haruno Sakura)
- Kakashi Hatake (はたけカカシ, Hatake Kakashi) (also playable with an Anbu outfit)
- Yamato (ヤマト, Yamato)
- Sai (サイ, Sai)
- Might Guy (マイト・ガイ, Maito Gai)
- Rock Lee (ロック・リー, Rokku Rī)
- Neji Hyūga (日向ネジ, Hyūga Neji)
- Tenten (テンテン, Tenten)
- Asuma Sarutobi (猿飛アスマ, Sarutobi Asuma)
- Shikamaru Nara (奈良シカマル, Nara Shikamaru)
- Ino Yamanaka (山中いの, Yamanaka Ino)
- Chōji Akimichi (秋道チョウジ, Akimichi Chōji)
- Kurenai Yūhi (夕日紅, Yūhi Kurenai)
- Kiba Inuzuka (犬塚キバ, Inuzuka Kiba)
- Shino Aburame (油女シノ, Aburame Shino)
- Hinata Hyūga (日向ヒナタ, Hyūga Hinata) (also playable in an Awakened form)
- Chiyo (チヨ, Chiyo)
- Gaara (我愛羅, Gaara)
- Kankurō (カンクロウ, Kankurō)
- Temari (テマリ, Temari)
- Baki (バキ, Baki)
- Itachi Uchiha (うちはイタチ, Uchiha Itachi)
- Kisame Hoshigaki (干柿鬼鮫, Hoshigaki Kisame)
- Deidara (デイダラ, Deidara)
- Sasori (サソリ, Sasori) (also playable while in Hiruko)
- Hidan (飛段, Hidan)
- Kakuzu (角都, Kakuzu)
- Jiraiya (自来也, Jiraiya)
- Tsunade (綱手, Tsunade)
- Orochimaru (大蛇丸, Orochimaru)
- Kabuto Yakushi (薬師カブト, Yakushi Kabuto)
- Anko Mitarashi (みたらしアンコ, Mitarashi Anko)
- Yūgao Uzuki (卯月夕顔, Uzuki Yūgao)
- A (エー, Ē)
- Killer B (キラービー, Kirā Bī) (can enter a Four-Tailed form)
- Minato Namikaze (波風ミナト, Namikaze Minato)
- Hidden Leaf Village
- Hidden Leaf Village Main Gate
- Akatsuki Hideout
- Tenchi Bridge
- Chūnin Exams
- Leaf Forest (Day, Night)
- Tanzaku Castle
- Nine-Tailed Fox Room
- Final Valley
- Hidden Leaf Village Riverside
- Hidden Leaf Village Pillar Chamber
- Forest Hideout
- Warehouse Road
- Shirato Street
- Hidden Sand Village
- Third Training Field
- Silent Shrine
- A majority of the soundtrack is switched around from stage to stage and such:
- The character select screen now having one of the story mode tracks.
- The Shirato Street theme being replaced with the Hokage's Monument theme throughout the EX games, while the returning original monument theme returns in its place.
- Orichimaru's Lair theme being replaced with one of the story mode tracks.
- The default Valley of the End's theme being the 3 Way Deadlock theme.
- The Tenchi Bridge's theme being replaced with the theme for Root's hideout.
- Ino in this game reuses some assets of Part I Sakura, such as the base of her moveset and her original shoving throw.
- Sage Mode Naruto, unlike normal Naruto since the first EX game, does not have his mouth rendered as wide.
- Sage Mode Naruto also differs from normal Naruto in a variety of ways:
- He is unable to fill up his own chakra gauge normally, as he must use his back special in order to summon a meditating clone to refill his chakra reserves without being interrupted.
- As long as he has any amount of chakra, he is able to have some of his punching attacks be imbued with an automatic Rasengan, akin to his father Minato.
- Sage Mode Naruto has two versions of his Wind Release: Rasenshuriken technique as both of his primary special/jutsu attacks.
- His fighting style is a mixture of both his father's and Jiraiya's quasi-kabukimono style.