Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special|
| (ナルト- 疾風伝 激闘忍者大戦! Special, Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special)
|Video game info|
|Series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja|
|Previous||Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! EX 3|
|Japanese||December 2, 2010|
Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special (ナルト- 疾風伝 激闘忍者大戦! Special, Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special) is the eighth instalment of the Gekitō Ninja Taisen series.
Several changes have been made to the roster in that changes from Naruto Shippūden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 have been carried over to this game, such as the new alternate special attacks, reworked Latent Ninja Powers, and the new alternate throws, however some characters such as the Sannin receive new default special attacks, and many attacks also gain a wall-slamming effect. Characters such as Anko (not seen since Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4), post-time skip Ino, and Anbu Kakashi make their debut in Japan from Revolution 3 (barring Towa, Komachi, Bando and Kagura however) as well as most of the Revolution series stages. Several new and altered characters also appear. Like with Revolution 3, the game is Wi-fi compatible.
Also, a brand new substitution bar is added next to all characters' health bars and fill up from taking damage, which now allows the usage of the Body Replacement Technique without draining the main chakra bar. This also acts as the partner's own chakra bar in 2-Man Squad Tag Team battles for assist attacks. Another major feature is the ability to use both the Classic and Gamecube controller schemes to follow the motions to power-up specials, just like with the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo scheme.
- Naruto Uzumaki (can enter a Three-Tailed form, also playable in a Sage Mode form)
- Sasuke Uchiha
- Sakura Haruno
- Kakashi Hatake (also playable with an Anbu outfit)
- Might Guy
- Rock Lee
- Neji Hyūga
- Asuma Sarutobi
- Shikamaru Nara
- Ino Yamanaka
- Chōji Akimichi
- Kurenai Yūhi
- Kiba Inuzuka
- Shino Aburame
- Hinata Hyūga (also playable in an Awakened form)
- Itachi Uchiha
- Kisame Hoshigaki
- Sasori (also playable while in Hiruko)
- Kabuto Yakushi
- Anko Mitarashi
- Yūgao Uzuki
- Killer B (can enter a Four-Tailed form)
- Minato Namikaze
- Hidden Leaf Village
- Hidden Leaf Village Main Gate
- Akatsuki Hideout
- Tenchi Bridge
- Chūnin Exams
- Leaf Forest (Day, Night)
- Tanzaku Castle
- Nine-Tailed Fox Room
- Final Valley
- Hidden Leaf Village Riverside
- Hidden Leaf Village Pillar Chamber
- Forest Hideout
- Warehouse Road
- Shirato Street
- Hidden Sand Village
- Third Training Field
- Silent Shrine
- A majority of the soundtrack is switched around from stage to stage and such:
- The character select screen now having one of the story mode tracks.
- The Shirato Street theme being replaced with the Hokage's Monument theme throughout the EX games, while the returning original monument theme returns in its place.
- Orichimaru's Lair theme being replaced with one of the story mode tracks.
- The default Valley of the End's theme being the 3 Way Deadlock theme.
- The Tenchi Bridge's theme being replaced with the theme for Root's hideout.