Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2, known in Japan as Naruto: Narutimate Hero 2 (ＮＡＲＵＴＯ-ナルト- ナルティメットヒーロー2, Naruto: Narutimetto Hīrō 2), is the second instalment of the fighting game series Naruto: Ultimate Ninja released for the Playstation 2.
It features a similar gameplay experience to Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, featuring many of the same gameplay elements and geography. Some characters have been fused together, so the player must use a special jutsu to activate them, such as Sasuke with his Cursed Seal. The game also features an RPG-esque story mode, the first half from the series, the second being an added story arc that takes place between the Search for Tsunade Arc and the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. In this arc, Orochimaru has Kabuto use a technique called the Forbidden Technique: Gedō Seal to seal Kakashi's Sharingan. Orochimaru then starts his second invasion on Konoha and uses Summoning: Impure World Resurrection to bring back Zabuza, Haku, and the Third Hokage.
Parenthesis indicate a character's Awakening Mode.
- Naruto Uzumaki (Nine-Tails Mode), also playable in a Nine Tailed Fox form, also playable with a taijutsu outfit) (Ultimate Mode)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Sharingan Mode, also playable with a Curse Mark Mode)
- Sakura Haruno (Ultimate Mode)
- Rock Lee (Eight Gates Mode)
- Neji Hyūga (Byakugan Mode)
- Tenten (Ultimate Mode)
- Shikamaru Nara (Ultimate Mode)
- Chōji Akimichi (Expansion Mode)
- Ino Yamanaka (Ultimate Mode)
- Kiba Inuzuka (Ultimate Mode)
- Shino Aburame (Ultimate Mode)
- Hinata Hyūga (Byakugan Mode), also playable in an "awakened" form)
- Gaara (Ultimate Mode)
- Kankurō (Ultimate Mode)
- Temari (Ultimate Mode)
- Kakashi Hatake (Sharingan Mode), also playable with an ANBU outfit) (Ultimate Mode)
- Might Guy (Eight Gates Mode)
- Third Hokage (Ultimate Mode)
- Jiraiya (Ultimate Mode)
- Tsunade (Regeneration Mode)
- Shizune (Ultimate Mode)
- Orochimaru (also playable with Sealed Arms)
- Kabuto Yakushi (Ultimate Mode)
- Zabuza Momochi (Ultimate Mode)
- Haku (Ultimate Mode)
- Itachi Uchiha (Tsukuyomi Mode)
- Kisame Hoshigaki (Shark Skin Mode)
- Dotō Kazahana (Japan only)
- Should one begin a new game using a memory card that has a Naruto: Ultimate Ninja save file, the player will receive 340 Ninja Info Cards and 50,000 ryō as bonus.
- The game makes a reference to Dark Naruto. In the game, the darker side of Naruto is the result of Kabuto Yakushi's Gedo Mark Jutsu.
|Ultimate Ninja series||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - Card Battle - Mission - Online - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes - 2 - 3 - Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Impact - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 2 - 3 - Generations - Revolution|
|Uzumaki Chronicles series||Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles - 2 - Naruto Shippūden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising - Naruto Shippūden: Kizuna Drive|
|Path of the Ninja series||Naruto: Path of the Ninja - 2 - RPG 2 - Naruto: Konoha Senki - Naruto: Konoha Ninpōchō|
|Ninja Council series||Naruto: Ninja Council - 2 - 2 (European Version) - 3 - 4 - Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Rumble - Naruto Shippūden: Naruto vs. Sasuke|
|Ninja Destiny series||Naruto: Ninja Destiny - 2 - 3|
|Clash of Ninja series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - EX - EX 2 - EX 3 - Special - Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - 2 - 3|
|Other Naruto Games||Naruto: Shinobi no Sato no Jintori Kassen - Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - Naruto: The Broken Bond - Naruto Shippūden 3D: The New Era - Naruto Shippūden: Dragon Blade Chronicles - Naruto SD Powerful Shippūden|
|Other Related Games||Jump Super Stars - Jump Ultimate Stars - Battle Stadium D.O.N - J-Stars Victory VS|