Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2, known in Japan as Naruto: Narutimate Hero 2 (ＮＡＲＵＴＯ-ナルト- ナルティメットヒーロー2, Naruto: Narutimetto Hīrō 2), is the second instalment of the fighting game series Naruto: Ultimate Ninja released for the Playstation 2.
It features a similar gameplay experience to Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, featuring many of the same gameplay elements and geography. Some characters have been fused together, so the player must use a special jutsu to activate them, such as Sasuke with his Cursed Seal. The game also features an RPG-esque story mode, the first half from the series, the second being an added story arc that takes place between the Search for Tsunade and the Sasuke Recovery Mission. In this arc, Orochimaru has Kabuto use a technique called the Forbidden Technique: Gedō Seal to seal Kakashi's Sharingan. Orochimaru then starts his second invasion on Konoha and uses Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation to revive Zabuza Momochi, Haku, and the Third Hokage. It features 31 playable characters in the Japanese version.
Parenthesis indicate a character's Awakening Mode.
- Naruto Uzumaki (うずまきナルト, Uzumaki Naruto) (Nine-Tails Mode), also playable in a Nine Tailed Fox form, also playable with a taijutsu outfit) (Ultimate Mode)
- Sasuke Uchiha (うちはサスケ, Uchiha Sasuke) (Sharingan Mode, also playable with a Curse Mark Mode)
- Sakura Haruno (春野サクラ, Haruno Sakura) (Ultimate Mode)
- Shikamaru Nara (奈良シカマル, Nara Shikamaru) (Ultimate Mode)
- Ino Yamanaka (山中いの, Yamanaka Ino) (Ultimate Mode)
- Chōji Akimichi (Expansion Mode)
- Kiba Inuzuka (Ultimate Mode)
- Shino Aburame (油女シノ, Aburame Shino) (Ultimate Mode)
- Hinata Hyūga (日向ヒナタ, Hyūga Hinata) (Byakugan Mode), also playable in an "awakened" form)
- Gaara (我愛羅, Gaara) (Ultimate Mode)
- Temari (テマリ, Temari) (Ultimate Mode)
- Kankurō (Ultimate Mode)
- Rock Lee (Eight Gates Mode)
- Neji Hyūga (Byakugan Mode)
- Tenten (テンテン, Tenten) (Ultimate Mode)
- Kakashi Hatake (はたけカカシ, Hatake Kakashi) (Sharingan Mode), also playable with an Anbu outfit) (Ultimate Mode)
- Might Guy (Eight Gates Mode)
- Shizune (シズネ, Shizune) (Ultimate Mode)
- Third Hokage (猿飛ヒルゼン, Sarutobi Hiruzen) (Ultimate Mode)
- Jiraiya (自来也, Jiraiya) (Ultimate Mode)
- Orochimaru (大蛇丸, Orochimaru) (also playable with Sealed Arms)
- Tsunade (綱手, Tsunade) (Regeneration Mode)
- Itachi Uchiha (うちはイタチ, Uchiha Itachi) (Tsukuyomi Mode)
- Kisame Hoshigaki (干柿鬼鮫, Hoshigaki Kisame) (Shark Skin Mode)
- Kabuto Yakushi (薬師カブト, Yakushi Kabuto) (Ultimate Mode)
- Zabuza Momochi (桃地再不斬, Momochi Zabuza) (Ultimate Mode)
- Haku (白, Haku) (Ultimate Mode)
- Dotō Kazahana (風花ドトウ, Kazahana Dotō) (Japan only)
- Asuma Sarutobi
- Iruka Umino
- Sakon and Ukon
- Kidōmaru (鬼童丸, Kidōmaru)
- Nadare Rōga (Japan only)
- Mizore Fuyukuma (Japan only)
- Fubuki Kakuyoku (Japan only)
- Should one begin a new game using a memory card that has a Naruto: Ultimate Ninja save file, the player will receive 340 Ninja Info Cards and 50,000 ryō as bonus.
- Naruto encounters the inner version of himself in the game, similar to Dark Naruto, shown nearly eight years later in the series.
- Depending on who they fight, characters have special intro and win phrases against certain opponents, such as Naruto vs Sasuke. This was not featured in the first game.
- Many reviews had criticised the massive difficulty level of harder CPU levels in the game and that some of the controls, such as timing substitution jutsus, were nearly impossible, as compared to its prequel.
- Although the game retains the command feature where players input the correct buttons for Ultimate Jutsus, the game also adds the Mash and Spin feature. Mash will determine if the technique succeeds or fails depending on who mashes the button input the fastest, while Spin requires the players to spin the analogue stick as fast as they can. However, certain Ultimate Jutsus are locked with a certain input command. For example, Naruto's red and purple Ultimate Jutsus are Command, but his Blue Ultimate is Spin.
- Certain characters in the game, such as Kabuto, Shizune, and Taijutsu Naruto, do not have Ultimate Jutsus. Instead, if they connect with the technique, they will enter into a "special mode" where they have certain enhanced stats or their opponents have certain decreased stats.
|Ultimate Ninja series||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - Card Battle - Mission - Online - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes - 2 - 3 - Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Impact - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 2 - 3 - 4 - Generations - Revolution|
|Uzumaki Chronicles series||Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles - 2 - Naruto Shippūden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising - Naruto Shippūden: Kizuna Drive|
|Path of the Ninja series||Naruto: Path of the Ninja - 2 - RPG 2 - Naruto: Konoha Senki - Naruto: Konoha Ninpōchō|
|Ninja Council series||Naruto: Ninja Council - 2 - 2 (European Version) - 3 - 4 - Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Rumble - Naruto Shippūden: Naruto vs. Sasuke|
|Ninja Destiny series||Naruto: Ninja Destiny - 2 - 3|
|Clash of Ninja series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja - 2 - 3 - 4 - EX - EX 2 - EX 3 - Special - Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - 2 - 3|
|Other Naruto Games||Naruto: Shinobi no Sato no Jintori Kassen - Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - Naruto: The Broken Bond - Naruto Shippūden 3D: The New Era - Naruto Shippūden: Dairansen! Kage Bunshin Emaki - Naruto Shippūden: Dragon Blade Chronicles - Naruto SD Powerful Shippūden|
|Other Related Games||Jump Super Stars - Jump Ultimate Stars - Battle Stadium D.O.N - J-Stars Victory VS|