|Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4|
| (ナルト-激闘忍者大戦! 4, Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4)
|Video game info|
|Series||Naruto: Clash of Ninja|
|Previous||Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 3|
|Next||Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! EX|
|Japanese||November 21, 2005|
Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4 is the fourth instalment of the Gekitō Ninja Taisen series.
It covers the events from the Search for Tsunade arc to the Sasuke Recovery Mission. The game fleshes out the tag team mode from the last game, referred to as 3-man cell, which allows groups of characters to fight each other in turn. Most of it remains the same, only Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4 enables certain combinations of team members having special attack combinations (done with forward+special). The 3-man cell mode also enables either 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 3 on 1, 3 on 2 and 2 on 1, all in one tag mode. The Crisis Special system is also less apparent, as characters' health bars no longer glow or show any indication of some sort when Crisis mode is in play.
The Crisis Specials themselves are also remapped, and this is the first Gekitō Ninja Taisen/Clash of Ninja game to feature backward specials (back+special button) (Naruto Shippūden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 reuses this concept).
In the prequels of the series, the guard was infinite and couldn't be broken. Now in this game, there is a little bar with five dots near the health bar. As attacks are blocked, the guard colour changes from blue to yellow to red. If a player keeps blocking when their guard is red, the guard can shatter, leaving the player vulnerable and losing all of their chakra.
Most noticeably, the game does away with the shop feature, and unlockables are now acquired by simply meeting certain criteria in the game's new Mission mode. Mission mode forces the player to fight increasingly stronger opponents under specific circumstances and with different methods of winning in order to complete each mission. It is the last Naruto game for the Gamecube.
Playable Characters Edit
- Naruto Uzumaki (Playable in a One-Tailed form) (Nine-Tails form)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Playable in a Level 2 Cursed form) (Sharingan)
- Sakura Haruno
- Kakashi Hatake (Sharingan)
- Hinata Hyūga (Playable in an Awakened form)
- Kiba Inuzuka
- Shino Aburame
- Ino Yamanaka
- Shikamaru Nara
- Chōji Akimichi
- Rock Lee
- Neji Hyūga
- Might Guy
- Third Hokage
- Anko Mitarashi
- Iruka Umino
- Itachi Uchiha
- Kisame Hoshigaki
- Jirōbō (only playable in Curse Mark Mode Stage 2)
- Kidōmaru (only playable in Curse Mark Mode Stage 2)
- Tayuya (only playable in Curse Mark Mode Stage 2)
- Sakon (only playable in Curse Mark Mode Stage 2)
- Kimimaro (only playable in Curse Mark Mode Stage 2)
- Kabuto Yakushi
- A Pakkun-shaped controller case was given away as the bonus to those who preordered Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4.
- Out of all the characters, Kabuto is the only one without a handicap equipped that can regenerate some of the damage he's taken, however it is not as fast as his regeneration in Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2.
- Similar to Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 3, it would receive a Wii reprisal in America as part of the Revolution sub series, known as Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2. Like with Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 3 to Revolution , the roster is somewhat watered down, but more touches and changes have been added compared to the first Revolution game. 7 new characters have also been added in the place of the Third Hokage and the Sound Five as well, though it does way with the three member squad function and uses two-squad functions instead.