|(奈良一族, Nara Ichizoku)|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game and Movie|
The Nara clan (奈良一族, Nara Ichizoku) or Nara family (奈良家, Nara-ke) is known for their intelligence, ninjutsu that entails the manipulation of shadows, and tending of deer such as Rikumaru, which graze in a large area of the Nara clan forest. Shikaku Nara was the most recent head of the clan.
They have kept a book with medicine preparations and effects for generations which imply they are skilled in the area of medicine. Among the medicine described in this book are the secret pills used by the Akimichi clan.
The Nara clan has a special relationship with the Akimichi and the Yamanaka clan. For several generations, members of these three families have formed "Ino–Shika–Chō" trios, named after the first part of the names of the members with the Nara members being the "Shika" in the trio. To strengthen the unity between the three clans, a member of the Sarutobi clan will give them special earrings to present to each generation head when they are promoted to chūnin after which they will swear their oaths. The earrings also symbolise that they are considered adults by their respective clans. The clan members also seem to favour wearing their hair in ponytails.
In the anime, it was revealed that the Nara clan also has a research facility with an abundance of medicines stored in it. It is located deep in the mountains, and thus has little security. Mizuki raided this laboratory for ingredients for his cursed seal.
Other Clan Members
- During the Fourth Shinobi World War, another Nara was assigned to the Third Division. He aided Ensui with his techniques in order to trap the reincarnated shinobi.
- Another Nara was assigned to Naruto as a bodyguard while he was on the Island Turtle. When Naruto attempted to escape the island he caught him with his Shadow Imitation Technique. Naruto however broke free of the technique after entering his Nine-Tails Chakra Mode.
- During the Fourth Shinobi World War, several Nara aided Shikamaru in immobilising the Ten-Tails where they boldly declared that the clan should not be underestimated.
- Nara, Nara, Japan was the capital of Japan in the eighth century, and is well known for its tame deer.
- "Ino", "Shika" and "Chō" are the names of three cards needed for a highly prized trick of "Inoshikachō" in the Hanafuda.
- Nara have a sensory link with their shadows and do not necessarily have to see their target to know that the person has made contact with their shadow.