|Manual of Style|
|How to copy from Wikipedia|
|Request for Deletion|
- Keep in mind that these policies are ultimately guidelines. If it's found that a policy restricts something that the reason the policy was created didn't intend to restrict, then the policy should be changed.
This is the Narutopedia's Manual of Style, please do not do any reorganisation and cleanup of wikitext on the wiki unless you are fixing things to follow this style guideline.
- (main) - The beginning section with general intro. This is the one without a section name.
- Background - Historical and background information on the character.
- Personality - Information on the character's personality.
- Appearance - Physical description of the character.
- Abilities - Information on the characters special abilities and techniques.
- Jinchūriki Transformations
- Kekkei Genkai - Specific Kekkei Genkai abilities.
- Nature Transformation
- Other Abilities
- Other info - Things like Naruto's history with the Demon fox should be placed in this area. Or perhaps made as a subsection of an appropriate section.
- Part in the Story - Section container, the characters actions within the story would be here.
- Part I
- Some arc
- Part II
- Some other arc
- Part I
- Trivia - Trivia items. Organised in list format using * at the start of the line (Stylistically a space after that * would be nice.) Things not worthy of being in trivia include: "That X is the first Y to do Z." or "That X is the only Y to do Z." etc.
- Quotes - Character quotes. The character shouting out a Jutsu name shouldn't be considered as quote though. Organised in the same way as Trivia. If there are multiple language forms to a character quote, it should link to an article like Dattebayo and Believe it!.
- References - Just the ==References== section with a <references/> tag below it. To collect the <ref></ref> tag info in the page. Individual bits of info should be tagged with specific citation other than just the general sources section.
- (main) - Where the episode/chapter number is.
- Summary - The summary should only contain the important parts of the episode/chapter as much as possible.
- Trivia - Any relevant trivia points (optional)
Jutsu / Techniques
- (main) - Name of technique, most well known use, any special requirements
- Usage - How does the technique work and what must be done to ensure it works?
- Variants (if appropriate, in the case of Sharingan)
- Some articles on the wiki are likely not style fixed.
- We use "Part II", not "Shippūden" for headers, otherwise we would be using "Naruto" for Part I which would be confusing and unnecessary.
- The Part I and/or Part II headers should be dropped for any character who only appears in one part or do not have a large appearance in the other (Like the Akatsuki which only make minor appearance in Part I). The same is true for any character who doesn't contribute to the story arc in any discernible way.
- Use of the ==Part in the Story== header is the proper form, please do not remove these just because you see them missing in other pages.
- The abilities section is not intended to be used as a place to compare or contrast character abilities with one another. The headers of the abilities section should be standardized using categories and jutsu type, they should NOT use words such as "Master" or "Prowess", etc.
- When used in articles arc headers should be in the form "Some Named arc" not "Some Named Arc."
- "filler" should not be inserted into arc names.
Articles should be written in British English, not US English.
- Articles should be written in past-tense, not present or future tense.
- Articles should be written in an in-universe style, this includes calling characters by what they were called at this point in the story, and not refer to the reader or viewer when talking about events.
- Articles should be independent of any point in the series, it should not be required that pages be updated every time a new event happens in the timeline simply because articles were written from the perspective of someone reading on the latest chapter.
- If you use the word "current" anywhere in a phrase to refer to something, you likely wrote it the wrong way. Similarly, if "current" is used in an article, it was likely written wrongly and should be fixed.
- Walls of text in articles should be avoided where possible. Shorter paragraphs are easier to read and are more concise for readers of the wiki. Articles containing walls of text should be fixed to ensure readability.
- Things like
[[Chidori|chidori]]are pointless, only
[[chidori]]should be used.
- Don't bypass redirects using things like
[[Sasuke Uchiha|Sasuke]]make use of the redirect properly with
- Do not use level 5 headings in articles, as they cannot be edited without editing the previous heading and can't be distinguished as a heading at all.
- When using galleries, include
hideaddbutton=truein the parameters of
<gallery>: this prevents Image policy violations by the addition of bad images.
Common improper style changes
- Do not change "Pain" to "Pein", "Pain" is the correct name.
- Do not change "Nine-Tailed Demon Fox" or "Nine Tails" to "Kyūbi."
- Do not change "Hyuga," "Shippuden," or anything to a 'uu' such as "Hyuuga," or "Shippuuden."
- Do not change "Anbu" to "ANBU" as it is not an acronym (暗部 is a normal, shortened version of 暗殺戦術特殊部隊).
- Do not go adding last names to links unless you have a valid reason to do so (full character name hasn't been used earlier in the article). Full names should not be abused to bypass redirects.
- Do not change page numbers in ref tags to have a leading zero. Going around the wiki and changing 3 to 03 despite most pages sticking to 3 doesn't improve the wiki at all and just adds pointless edits, just stick with 3.
- For the Sage Mode and its techniques, we use "Sage" instead of "Hermit."
- Do not make edits that do absolutely nothing to change the appearance of the page when it is rendered, such as adding or removing a space between paragraphs, adding underscores in spaces when including an image onto an article, or removing unused parameters from infobox templates. This does nothing except add pointless edit revisions to the page history and does not improve the wiki.
- Do not replace words just because you don't know or understand their meaning. Such edits will be considered disruptive.