|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #199|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Impact|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga and Game|
- The name "Mifune" is synonymous with samurai and rōnin, just as the name "Hanzō" is synonymous with shinobi.
- Mifune's name comes from the famous Japanese actor Toshirō Mifune (三船敏郎, Mifune Toshirō), who made a name from playing in over 170 feature films since the 1950s, often in Jidaigeki films such as his reoccurring portrayal of the nameless rōnin who introduces himself as "Sanjuro". Sixteen of those films were directed by Akira Kurosawa, who is the namesake of Mifune's katana Kurosawa.
- (To the Fifth Division) "No need for assistance! If you don't want to get cut, then don't get in my way."
- (To Hanzō) "With all my loyalty to harmony, I act under the guidance of my beliefs!" (「和に忠を尽くし己の信念の下動く!」, "Wa ni chū o tsukushi onore ni shinnen no moto ugoku!")
- (To Hanzō) "People who continue to put their lives on the line to defend their faith become heroes and will continue to exist on in legends! Stop bending your faith and scraping away your body… give up trying to refine and polish yourself. Your attack doesn't have the sharpness it used to! Because of that, your blade is dirtied with blood. Bluntness will not last! People are like swords!"