|Please note that this is the Narutopedia's article on Menma from the movie. If you are looking for the article on Menma from the anime then you should head to Menma. For other uses, see Menma (disambiguation).|
| (うずまきメンマ, Uzumaki Menma)
|Movie||Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie|
|Appears in||Movie only|
|Tailed Beast||Black Nine-Tails (Forms)|
Menma (メンマ, Menma), a character that appears in Naruto 6: Road to Ninja, is the son of Kushina Uzumaki and Minato Namikaze in the alternate universe of Konohagakure, thus making him the "Naruto Uzumaki" of that world. He is also the jinchūriki of Kurama's counterpart, the Black Nine-Tails (黒九尾, Kuro Kyūbi).
Menma looks virtually identical to Naruto, though his blond hair has become black as he became evil, and he wears it in a longer and more shaggy-looking style, similar to his father's. He also has darker and more feral-looking whisker marks, and dark circles under his eyes.
When initially appearing as the mysterious "Masked Man," he wore a white kitsune mask, a dark blue-gray robe with gray lining and a fur collar, and a tattered gray-blue cape emblazoned with his personal emblem: a mandala comprised of nine reddish-brown circles of varying sizes atop a larger green-grey circle. After revealing his identity, he discarded the robe and mask, beneath which he wore no shirt, fingerless opera-length black gloves wrapped in studded red-brown leather straps, baggy black pants, and red-brown sandals.
A missing-nin and S-ranked criminal, Menma is considered a highly dangerous ninja, able to effortlessly defeat other jinchūriki like Yugito Nii as well as several of Konohagakure's top-level ninja. While mainly seen letting his Nine Masked Beasts do the direct fighting, Menma showed considerable taijutsu prowess. Against several of Naruto's clones, he quickly dispatched them. Even against Naruto in Sage Mode, Menma's raw strength combined with an unnamed chakra technique was great enough to easily catch Naruto's punch and throw him about. As a descendant of the Uzumaki clan, Menma is blessed with remarkable stamina and an equally powerful life-force, granting him tremendous vitality and an immensely long potential lifespan.
After fully merging with Tobi, Menma gained a Sharingan in his right eye. This allowed him to copy enemy techniques, cast genjutsu with eye-contact, predict practically all enemy movements, and even utilise Tobi's Kamui for teleportation and intangibility.
He be firing dem laaaazers
Menma's abilities are essentially the same as Naruto's, and he has developed dark versions of Naruto's signature techniques called Spiralling Ring and Great Spiralling Ring, but unlike his counterpart, Menma can perform them without the use of shadow clones. He also has an ability to blast away targets and repel enemy attacks in a manner similar to Shinra Tensei. He was able to counter a Sage Mode powered punch through the use of a mysterious technique that created a dark aura that increased his strength to obscurity. He can also fly about freely in the sky.
- "Menma" is the name of a Japanese condiment which is also found in ramen. This is a parallel to where Naruto's name originates.
- Menma's personality can be compared to that of Dark Naruto.
- Menma is the only Genjutsu World counterpart whose name is different from his real self.
- The point where Menma uses his Great Spiralling Ring to destroy most of Konoha is similar to Pain's attack on Konoha. His methods of combat also greatly resemble Pain's more than Naruto's, relying on the Nine Masked Beasts in similar fashion to the Six Paths of Pain.
- (Summoning the Nine Masked Beasts) "Nine Masked Svāhā… Azure, White, Vermilion, Black, Sky, South, North, Three, Jewel… Nine Masked Beasts!" (「九面薩婆訶…青・白・朱・玄・空・南・北・三・玉…九面獣!」, "Kumen Sowaka… Sei, Byaku, Shu, Gen, Kū, Nan, Hoku, San, Gyoku… Kumenjū!")