Before contributing to the Narutopedia Forums, please keep in mind a few best practices for conduct:
- Narutopedia is an encyclopedia
- Please only start discussions which improve the wiki in any way.
- For topics concerning specific articles, use the respective talkpages.
- For general questions about the Naruto-verse, use the onsite chat.
- Be nice and treat people with respect.
- People from all around the world read and edit this wiki and its forums. Like any other collaborative project, not everyone will agree all the time. Keep discussions civil and be open minded about differing opinions. We're all here because we love the same topic.
- Try to find existing discussions first, but don't be afraid to start a new thread.
- Please take a moment to sift through the Narutopedia Forum boards to see if a discussion already exists about something you want to talk about. If you can't find what you're looking for, jump right in and start a new discussion!
- Ask for help.
- Notice something that doesn't seem right? Or do you have a question? Ask for help here on the forums! If you need help from Wikia staff, please reach out on Community Central or via Special:Contact.
- Be polite and courteous to other users.
- Do not harass or intimidate other users. Please be welcoming and courteous to users. Harassing them or being intimidating is not OK.
- Do not troll or flame other users. If your message is intended to instigate a reaction from the opposing user or is clearly intended to insult someone else, it will be removed and may result in an immediate block.
- This includes "flamebait" — topics or messages meant to incite a particularly unwanted reaction, or topics that may be perceived as such, without directly insulting someone/something.
- Respect the decisions of the sysops in regards to a topic's status. Do not recreate a closed thread, or a thread complaining about a closed thread.
- Please ensure your thread is in the right forum. If your thread will be discussing the Naruto series, or anything therein, then please post it in Naruto Discussions: if the thread is to do with a wiki issue or wiki improvement, please post in Wiki Discussions.
- No links. Use common sense. (Crunchyroll, Hulu, for example, are allowed and perfectly fine where as Manga Panda, Manga Stream, and any of the various bootleg anime stream sites are a definite no.)
- Do not upload new images specifically for use on the forums.
- How do I stay on top of discussions I'm interested in?
- With a Wikia user account, you can follow specific conversations and then receive notification messages (either on-site or via email) when a discussion has more activity. Be sure to sign up for a Wikia account if you don't already have one.
- How do I remove vandalism?
- If you notice some spam or vandalism on a thread, hover your mouse over the offending text. You'll see a "More" button appear. Inside the "More" menu, you'll find "Remove".
- What are Kudos?
- If you find a particular discussion or reply interesting, well thought out, or amusing you can show direct appreciation by giving it Kudos.
- What are Topics?
- Topics allow you to link a forum discussion with a wiki article. It's another way to keep Forums organized and to help people find interesting discussions. For example, a Forum thread tagged with "Naruto Uzumaki" will appear at the bottom of the "Naruto Uzumaki" article.