Before contributing to the Narutopedia Forums, please keep these policies in mind:
Violations will result in posts being removed or edited, and you may receive a warning followed by a block.
- Respect the decisions of forum moderators and sysops. Responding with sarcasm or ridicule if they tell you to not do something may lead to you receiving warnings or having your ability to use the forums or wiki revoked.
- If you have a problem with a forum moderator or sysop's decision, politely discuss it with them and get other forum moderators and sysops involved if necessary.
- Leave your ego out of forum threads: don't go around acting high and mighty, as though you know everything about a topic.
- Be polite and courteous to other users.
- Do not harass or intimidate other users. Treat others like you would want to be treated yourself: harassment is not allowed in any form.
- Do not troll or flame other users. If your message is intended to instigate a reaction from the opposing user or is clearly intended to insult someone else, it will be removed and may result in an immediate revocation of your right to post in the forums or edit the wiki.
- This includes "flamebait" — topics or messages meant to incite a particularly unwanted reaction, or topics that may be perceived as such, without directly insulting someone/something.
- If a sysop closes a thread on the forums, do not go around the wiki complaining that the topic was locked, either via making a thread of complaint or spamming sysops via their talkpages.
- Keep discussions in the one thread: do not spread a topic across multiple threads. Not only does it make it impossible to track the discussion, but it simply derails threads unnecessarily.
- Do not kudos your own posts: see below for more information
- Please ensure your thread is in the right forum: see this thread for more information.
- No links. Use common sense.
- We ONLY allow links to official websites: this means links to Crunchyroll, Hulu or Neon Alley are allowed and perfectly fine. Any posts linking to sites like Manga Panda, Manga Stream, and any of the various bootleg anime stream sites are just going to be edited or removed on sight: severe violations will result in instant blocking of your account on the wiki.
- Do not upload new images specifically for use on the forums.
- There seems to be a bug with the forums. What do I do?!
- First, try and find out if this is happening to anyone else. If it's happening to other users, let Wikia Staff know about the issue via Special:Contact.
- How do I keep track of topics I post in?
- It is quite easy to keep track of posts you have posted in, or have an interest in. At the top of the thread, there is a button that says "follow". Click this and you will be automatically following the thread and new posts will trigger an alert at the message icon on the top right. Please avoid using this on active topics, or topics that are guaranteed to generate a lot of activity: the flood of notifications can be distracting!
- What is the Kudos System?
- Kudos are a way for users to appreciate the posts you make: in other words, it is a like button. Please keep the following in mind:
- The Kudos system was designed for use to appreciate / like other people's posts. It is NOT there for you to give yourself kudos, as it is childish and pointless. Repeatedly kudos'ing your own posts will result in warnings or a block from the wiki.
- What are Topics?
- Topics allow you to link a forum discussion with a wiki article. It's another way to keep Forums organized and to help people find interesting discussions. For example, a Forum thread tagged with "Naruto Uzumaki" will appear at the bottom of the "Naruto Uzumaki" article.