|Literal English||Magnet Release|
|Viz manga||Magnet Style|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #22|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga and Game|
Magnet Release (磁遁, Jiton) is an advanced chakra nature kekkei genkai which allows the user to convert chakra into magnetic forces and magnetise an object. It is unknown where it originates from but both Sunagakure and Kumogakure possessed users of this kekkei genkai in the past. It is unknown what elements this nature entails. It may not technically be a kekkai genkai, as the ability can be learned (as illustrated by the third kazekage).
Forms and Uses
- Toroi from Kumogakure would magnetise special shuriken. When the thrown shuriken comes into contact with any other object, it causes the struck target to become magnetised. One hit to the body will cause a magnetic field within the said body, making it an easy target for any further magnetised weapons to be drawn to it. However, each time the magnetism is transferred, it weakens.
- The Third Kazekage studied the abilities of a previous jinchūriki of Shukaku and learned to imitate the power to control sand. However, when he imitated sand techniques, he incorporated iron powder instead. He could use it to crush his opponents or even mould the sand into weapons.
- The Fourth Kazekage could manipulate Gold Dust with his magnetic chakra, which is specifically used to counter Shukaku's sand, by taking advantage of gold's heavier weight to mix in with the sand and hamper its control. When the Fourth Kazekage uses this nature, he gains black rings around his eyes, similar to the ones around Gaara's eyes.
- Like Lava Release and Dust Release, Magnet Release has more than one user with no apparent blood-relation to each other.
- The anime character Jiga also possessed a seemingly similar ability of magnetism. This was from ingesting iron when he was younger which essentially made him a human magnet.
- This is so far the only nature transformation that does not use the element for direct offence. Instead, all the users so far use it to manipulate weapons to attack as the chakra is converted into magnetic forces, rather than metal itself.