Konoha 11 (木ノ葉の11人, Konoha no jūichinin, Literally meaning: Tree Leaf Eleven People)
|Anime||Naruto Episode #197|
|Movie||Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Will of Fire|
|OVA||Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival!|
|Appears in||Anime and Movie|
The Konoha 11 (木ノ葉の11人, Konoha no jūichinin, English TV: Hidden Leaf 11) is the collective nickname of four Konoha genin teams, led by Kakashi Hatake, Asuma Sarutobi, Kurenai Yūhi and Might Guy, minus Sasuke Uchiha.
During the Chūnin Exams, despite being fresh out the Academy, Team 7, 8, and 10 were capable of being promoted to Chūnin, leading to them being dubbed the Rookie 9 (新人9人, Rūkī Nain), with Team Guy formed the year before. The name "Konoha 11" stems from the remaining members of Teams Kakashi, Guy, Kurenai and Asuma following Sasuke's defection to Otogakure.
With the exceptions of Shikamaru Nara, who had been promoted prior, and Naruto Uzumaki, who had left the village to train under Jiraiya, the remaining members attained the rank of Chūnin prior to the start of Part II, with Neji Hyūga even becoming a Jōnin.
After Pain's assault on the village, 10 of the Konoha 11 regrettably became prepared to kill Sasuke, who had been branded an international criminal, in order to prevent him from starting a war or being killed by another village and seeking vengeance as a result. They were later persuaded by Naruto, who persisted that he alone would deal with Sasuke.
Later, during the Fourth Shinobi World War, the members of the Konoha 11, along with Sai, Sasuke's replacement on Team Kakashi, are seen rushing towards Naruto, Kakashi, Guy and Killer B's battle against Tobi and the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path in order to provide assistance to. They would later arrive alongside the remainder of the Allied Shinobi Forces where they stood to oppose the Ten-Tails as well as Madara and Obito Uchiha, before Neji was killed by the tailed beast. With Sasuke's arrival on the side of the Allied Forces, the Rookie 9 stood together for the first time since the Chūnin Exams.
At the war's conclusion, Sasuke would be defeated by Naruto, restoring their friendship and allowing the last remaining Uchiha to finally overcome his clan's Curse of Hatred. The combined influences of Naruto and Kakashi, who had become the Sixth Hokage, was enough to absolve Sasuke's status as an international criminal.
- In Japanese, the English term Rookie 9 is also used. It is still written in kanji, though. These kanji would usually be pronounced as Shinjin Kyūnin.
- Despite the group canonically appearing in both manga and anime, this name was only given in the latter.
- Akamaru, Kiba Inuzuka's canine ninja partner, is not counted despite often being recognised as a member of Team Kurenai.
- Of the four teams comprising the Konoha 11, Team Guy is the only one to have never been temporarily led by Kakashi.
- Sai, through serving as the replacement of Sasuke Uchiha on Team Kakashi, is a technical stand-in member of the collective group. Despite not being introduced until Shippūden, Sai shares unique relationships with individual members of the Konoha 11, their jōnin mentors, and Sasuke himself.
- Not counting Team Guy, who graduated a year earlier than the Rookie 9, Sakura is the only one amongst them that does not belong to a clan.
- Sasuke was the only member of the Rookie 9 to not attend Naruto and Hinata's wedding.