|Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi |
|Literal English||Blaze Release: Added Tool Earth Lord|
|English TV||Inferno Style: Flame Control|
|Other||Kagutsuchi (加具土命, Added Tool Earth Lord)|
|Manga||Volume #50, Chapter #464|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #203|
|Novel||Boruto: Naruto the Movie|
|Movie||Boruto: Naruto the Movie|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Impact|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Novel, Game, Movie|
|Classification||Kekkei Genkai, Ninjutsu, Dōjutsu|
|Range||Short to Mid range|
Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi is a technique which applies shape transformation to the black flames of Amaterasu, allowing the user to manipulate them at will. In Sasuke's case, while Amaterasu is cast from his left eye, he uses his right eye to manipulate the flames.
The user can shape the flames in different varieties, for both offence and defence.
- While using the ribcage state of Susanoo, the user can create a defensive encampment by manipulating the flames to cover it.
- Converging the flames in front of the user, a barrier of spike-shaped flames can be created that not only shields him, but also pierces and burns any opponent that touches it.
- The user can wield the flames in their hand without being incinerated, as well as manipulate them into a flexible sword which launches spike-shaped projectiles when swung.
- The black flames can be used simultaneously with the Chidori to enhance the latter's destructive power.
Similar to other Mangekyō Sharingan abilities, Kagutsuchi's name is derived from Japanese myth and religion. Kagutsuchi is the God of Fire in Shinto and the one who brought death into the world by burning his mother, Izanami, to death as she gave birth to him. This made his father, Izanagi, kill him with the Sword of Totsuka.
- In chapter 415, Sasuke puts out the flames of Amaterasu with his right eye. It is unknown if this is part of Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi, since the fourth databook states that Sasuke invented the technique when he fought A.
- Sasuke's Susanoo is capable of wielding an orb of black flames, from which he can produce various weapons. Although the sword formed in this manner was initially identified as "Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi", it was later named as part of a derivative technique called "Blaze Release: Susanoo Kagutsuchi". In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, it is named "Sword of Kagutsuchi".
- In chapter 585, the furigana of this technique's name were written in hiragana, not in katakana, as they're usually written.