|(日向コウ, Hyūga Kō)|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #163|
|Movie||Naruto 6: Road to Ninja|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga and Movie|
In the anime however, Kō was shown to have been Hinata's caretaker for several years. It was his duty to watch over Hinata whenever she was not at the Academy. He showed to have a great care and concern for Hinata's happiness and well-being, disheartened whenever he saw her sad. Kō often told her not to associate with Naruto Uzumaki, most likely because of Naruto's status as a jinchūriki. In fact, he accidentally mentioned the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox in Hinata's presence, but when she questioned him about it, Kō told her not to worry about such things.
Kō has light hair, which is short with backwards spikes. He has featureless white eyes and his nose is broad and well-defined. He wears the standard Konoha uniform inclusive of a flack jacket and forehead protector that he wears like a bandanna.
Like all members of his clan, he possesses one of the three great dōjutsu, the Byakugan. These eyes grant him a near 360º of vision, and the capability to see through solid objects amongst other various abilities.
Invasion of Pain Arc
During Pain's attack on the village, when Hinata initially attempted to aid Naruto in his fight against Pain, Kō called her back, claiming that she would only be a burden to Naruto. Later, he watched in horror with his Byakugan as Hinata went ahead regardless. He was unable to restrain her, due to a broken leg he had sustained when Pain had used his Shinra Tensei on the entire village.
Konoha History Arc
Main article: Konoha History Arc In the anime, after the Invasion of Pain, he was seen in the infirmary tent with Hinata, who was tending his wounds. In Neji Hyūga's flashback, Kō was briefly shown and accompanies Hiashi to rescue Hinata after she was kidnapped by the Kumogakure ninja. He stopped on route to aide Tenten in defeating the mud wolves.
Adventures at Sea Arc
Main article: Adventures at Sea Arc Kō was present at the meeting of the Hyūga clan convened by Hiashi. After hearing Hiashi declaration that Neji was to lead the clan's forces during the Fourth Shinobi World War, he contested Hiashi's decision reminding him of how much Hinata had grown and that she was from the main house. Hiashi, however, told him that it wasn't because he lacked faith in Hinata but because she still lacked enough self-confidence to lead the shinobi during war.
- Kō's name can mean anything from 'filial piety' (孝) to 'body cavity' (腔).
- In the anime, Kō's appearance was changed. Instead of having light, spiky hair and a broad nose, he has a small nose and dark, straight hair. This made him look identical to the unnamed Hyūga that was with Sakura after Pain destroyed Konoha, hinting that the anime creators either conflated the two characters or, mistook them for one another.
- Also in the anime where his back story is expanded, he is shown without a cursed seal, suggesting that he is from the Main House of the clan.
- (To Hinata) "It would be my everlasting shame if anything were to happen to you while Hiashi and Hanabi were away."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Naruto chapter 430, page 9
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 166
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 196
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 232