|(日向の長老, Hyūga no Chōrō)|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #61|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga|
It was apparently his idea to have Hizashi act as Hiashi's body double after the incident with the Head Ninja of Kumogakure. Even though his elder son struggled with the decision, he told him that at some point in time each head of the clan has had to protect it in some way or the other and that this was why the branch family existed.
He has been shown to be very loyal to the clan putting the safety of the Byakugan and its secrets even above the life of his own son. This fierce loyalty, however, comes off as callousness, and it often times seems that his only concern is protecting the clan's kekkei genkai at any cost.
He is a man of short stature with long, grey hair that reaches down to his back, and like all members of his clan, he possesses featureless white eyes. He wears traditional robes which consist of a loose fitting kimono that is held closed with a simple sash under a brown, waist length haori.
Although nothing is known of the extent of his abilities it can be assumed that he was well verse in the clan's secret techniques as he was the head of the clan. He also has the Byakugan which grants him near 360° vision amongst other abilities.
Konoha History Arc
Main article: Konoha History Arc During the invasion of Konoha, he along with other Konoha shinobi were defending the village from the invading Suna and Oto ninja. When he saw two Kumo ninja attempting to kidnap Hinata, he tried to rescue her. However, the two ninja escaped and he was subsequently attacked from behind by an Oto-nin. He was later found by Neji and when he regained consciousness, he asked him to do whatever it took to get Hinata back.
- "The advanced blood of the Hyūga clan is a valuable trump card to this village. Protecting that has been the duty of the main family. That is why the branch families exist."
- (To Hiashi) "Hiashi… The time has come where each generation has protected the Hyūga blood in this way. You must have the heart to let go of even a sibling to protect the blood. That is the destiny of the main family and the destiny of those born as Hyūga."
- ↑ First Databook, page 110
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Naruto chapter 105, page 12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Naruto chapter 105, page 14
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 192