|Anime||Naruto Episode #73|
|Movie||Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game and Movie|
Gamahiro (ガマヒロ, Gamahiro) is a giant toad that resides on Mount Myōboku. He is sometimes referred to simply as Hiro (ヒロ, Hiro).
Gamahiro is a huge toad, easily towering over buildings and trees. He has an aquamarine skin tone and yellow eyes with grey markings around them and two distinct, circular markings on his shoulders. He also carries two huge katanas on his back, which are his main weapons with an orange sash around his stomach. In the anime in Part I, he was coloured brown.
Gamahiro wields two large swords with great proficiency, able to use them to easily dispatch his enemies. He has also shown aptitude in close-range taijutsu.
Invasion of Konoha Arc
His first appearance was in the Konoha Invasion, when Jiraiya used him to fight Orochimaru's large snakes by using Summoning: Food Cart Destroyer Technique. With his sheer size he crushes at least one of the snakes as soon as he lands on them.
Land of Rice Fields Arc
Invasion of Pain Arc
Gamahiro made his Part II début when he, along with Gamaken and Gamabunta, were summoned to assist in Naruto's fight with Pain. Upon Fukasaku's orders they engaged the Animal Path's summons. He initially attacked the ox with several damaging blows and then finished it with two precise strikes from his swords. When the Giant Multi-Headed Dog began to replicate after being attacked by Gamabunta, he fend them off until the Animal Path was incapacitated by Naruto, thus dispelling the summoned creatures. The three toads later engaged both the Deva Path and Preta Paths directly but they were sent flying beyond Konoha's borders by the Deva Path's Shinra Tensei technique after his power returned. After the battle, he is last seen lying at the bottom of a lake.
Shinobi World War Arc
- When Gamahiro first appears in the anime, he is coloured green and brown. This is updated to a bluish colour for the Invasion of Pain Arc, keeping with the manga's colouration.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja 4, a miniature version of Gamahiro appears as a catchable toad that is called "Professor" due to his interest in geography and such. He wears a teacher's hat.
- Though first summoned in Part I, he was not named until he was summoned again in Part II.
- Though Gamahiro has spoken in the anime, he has yet to do so in the manga.
- Gamahiro's name might come from the Japanese city of Hiroshima, which is where the Battles Without Honour and Humanity (仁義なき戦い, Jingi Naki Tatakai) series of films play and where Gamabunta's dialect comes from. Hiroshima is strongly connected to the Yakuza, if only through films.