Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Wikia greeting new members||Post|
Is there any way we can stop that from happening? It's getting troublesome to keep track in the Recent Changes tab with that thing greeting every anon that makes a post...--TheUltimate3 13:53, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Marking those edits as bot, as well as the ability to stop creation of the automatic userpage is on the ToDo list for Wikia. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Mar 19, 2009 @ 16:52 (UTC)
- Another thing...Why is my account used in their message thing?!--TheUltimate3 16:20, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hi guys -- We just added some new customization to the welcome tool, so now we can make it work the way that you want. I saw that Dantman was deleting user pages, so I turned that piece off in MediaWiki:Welcome-enabled. We can also make User:Wikia a bot, if you want to take it out of Recent changes. Let me know how I can help... -- Danny (talk) 22:42, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
Aye ok. Just a shock when suddenly I got more traffic on my previously non-important (and ignored) Talk Page, and then found out I was in the greeting.--TheUltimate3 23:02, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, for sure. We sent out a talk page message to give everyone a heads-up that this was coming... but those messages are really easy to dismiss and not pay attention to. Sorry for the shock! -- Danny (talk) 23:40, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hmmm... It does seem to have stopped leaving messages here, but not on any of the other wikis that I've been to. I just tested it on another wiki and it's still running... and it doesn't seem to be related to @sysop or the Welcome-enabled change. We're going to try to figure out why that's happening. Meanwhile, I'm going to leave it without a bot flag for now -- it'll be easier for us to figure it out without having to switch to "show bots". :) But once we have it straightened out, I'll turn the bot flag on for you. Let me know if you notice anything interesting... -- Danny (talk) 00:59, 21 March 2009 (UTC)