Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Wiki||Post|
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1998 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.
Minutes from this morning's hour:
- I am so glad the block preventing article creation in foreign scripts is still working.
- I am so glad I like chicken more than I like Turkey.
- I am so glad I missed out on the peak activity.
- Words in that language wasn't included in the filter, it was actually generally meant for a different purpose. We do have AbuseFilter. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Oct 13, 2010 @ 17:25 (UTC) 17:25, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Special:Protectsite is now usable by sysops. Keep in mind that protection for creation and editing is separate, so in a case like before you could actually probably simply set it so that you have to be a registered user to create a page to mitigate the attack. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Oct 13, 2010 @ 23:48 (UTC) 23:48, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Not really, it can protect uploading, editing, moving, account creating and page creation from IPs and registered users as well. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:15, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yay for useful non-obtrusive features :) SimAnt 00:23, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I mean, creation and editing are separate, so ideally if possible it's a good idea to try protecting creation of new pages by anons without restricting general editing. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Oct 14, 2010 @ 02:49 (UTC) 02:49, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Could you poke them to separate page creation from image uploading? SimAnt 21:27, October 21, 2010 (UTC)