This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Wiki||Post|
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2108 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.
Minutes from this morning's hour:
- I am so glad the block preventing article creation in foreign scripts is still working.
- I am so glad I like chicken more than I like Turkey.
- I am so glad I missed out on the peak activity.
- Words in that language wasn't included in the filter, it was actually generally meant for a different purpose. We do have AbuseFilter. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Oct 13, 2010 @ 17:25 (UTC) 17:25, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Special:Protectsite is now usable by sysops. Keep in mind that protection for creation and editing is separate, so in a case like before you could actually probably simply set it so that you have to be a registered user to create a page to mitigate the attack. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Oct 13, 2010 @ 23:48 (UTC) 23:48, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Not really, it can protect uploading, editing, moving, account creating and page creation from IPs and registered users as well. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:15, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yay for useful non-obtrusive features :) SimAnt 00:23, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I mean, creation and editing are separate, so ideally if possible it's a good idea to try protecting creation of new pages by anons without restricting general editing. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Oct 14, 2010 @ 02:49 (UTC) 02:49, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Could you poke them to separate page creation from image uploading? SimAnt 21:27, October 21, 2010 (UTC)