|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Timeline?||Post|
As an avid Naruto fan, I have always tried to make sense of the events that occur during the series and establish a timeframe for all events mentioned over the course of the series. It has been confusing and difficult for me (and my peers) to figure out a logical series of events within Naruto.
Would it be out of the question to propose that a timeline page be constucted for the Wiki? Here are my thoughts on my proposed "timeline":
1. Create sections on the page for years before the beginning of Part I which will be entitled "XX years B.N." (ex. "42 years B.N.", "14 years B.N.", etc.) where "B.N." would stand for "Before Naruto" and for events after the start of Part I: "A.N." (Or the admins can choose a different abbreviation that they feel is more appropriate).
2. Allocate crucial plot events, like battles, births, deaths, treaties, etc., into their respective years.
3. Each year would have appropriate subsections to suit the events that occurred during the years. These subsections include, **but may not be limited to**, "Births", "Deaths", "Domestic Affairs", "International Incidents", and "Achievements".
4. For events that occurred over a range of several years (like the First, Second, and Third Ninja World Wars), those events will be placed within each year they occurred and estimates of the timespan for some events may be necessary.
5. Events whose exact time of occurrence is currently unknown (that also have no evidence that can provide an estimate for when they happened) will be allocated to a section entitled "Unknown Time of Occurence" (or something to that effect, I'll leave that to the admins).
6. But there are events that, based on corroborating details revealed throughout the series, can be placed within a timeframe in which they could have occurred, but it is unknown these events actually occurred (like the deaths of Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha). These events will be placed in all the years in which they are estimated to have occurred, but they will all be marked "*SPECULATED*" or "*ESTIMATED*" to show that their time of occurrence is not precisely known.
This timeline would exist on a page seperate from that of the plot of the Naruto and serve as a reference page for the intricate series of events that has provided the backbone for the development of the Naruto storyline.