Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Stop Changing Images that don't need changed!||Post|
Why is there a sudden surge to change all the bloody infobox images when half of the images don't need changed?! It's getting on the borderline of really annoying now. --Speysider (Talk Page) 13:02, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- The suggestions would be stopped now, I swear. —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me|My Wiki) 08:27, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
- It would die if certain users stopped getting involved (not pointing at any particular user) by suggesting their own images to be used. The whole point of me giving a suggestion for a new image is for you to EVALUATE THE IMAGE I HAVE SUGGESTED, it is not inviting people to start posting their own image suggestions! That is mainly the issue that annoys me and other users. As I posted on Omoi's talkpage, if people simply don't have a nice thing to say then they would be better off not saying it whatsoever as it's starting to disrupt the wiki. --Speysider (Talk Page) 09:14, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Of course, people would start to be interested to post on their own! Yes, I know it's for the wiki. Not to sound rude, it's too selfish if you just want your image to be evaluated, not others, who were inspired to post their own, such as Salil. Well, you started the topic, revive the image; don't forget that. —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me|My Wiki) 09:25, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
If I find an image request unnecessary, I will say so. I have to say something in order to validate my opinion on whether I support the image change or not. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 15:48, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't mind admins saying that, since it's you admins that have the final say on whether the image should be changed or not. --Speysider (Talk Page) 15:50, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
And how is anyone else who's not an admin suppose to say they don't think an image change is needed? I don't think that having one person look for tiny nit-picky details so they can say they like the current image better when they feel that there's no need nor point in changing just because feeling that "there's nothing wrong with the current image" a good idea. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:10, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- People are free to say that. However, if that user thinks the image change requests are annoying, they are best off not bothering to reply since it's only going to result in Talk:Omoi#image happening over and over. That talkpage is a good example of what happens when people post "nothing wrong with the current image" and then proceed to get involved and suggest images anyway. To clarify, that notice is directed at people who think the image change request discussions are annoying, it is not directed at every single user. --Speysider (Talk Page) 16:16, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In other words, not letting people that will say "nothing wrong with the current image" get involved is pretty much blocking their opinion. -White Flash-(Talk)- 16:28, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Salil, that's stupid. The whole point of a wiki is where the community makes most of the decisions about articles, the admins just assist with stuff. I don't agree that only admins are allowed to make image change requests as you would just be better off telling the community that only admins can edit it.
- White Flash, I'm not stopping people having an opinion. That notice is clearly directed to one or two users that know who I'm referring to. I posted the notice above to stop arguments that nearly constantly arise as soon as someone (aka me) makes a suggestion to change an image, then doesn't like what I say when I make my opinions known. The notice is not directed to every single user, saying "don't respond to image change requests". The whole point of that notice is to tell people that if they find the infobox image change requests annoying, that they would be better off not looking at the change request and just ignore it. --Speysider (Talk Page) 16:33, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- No, it's not really necessary to do that. A user can just say "Guys, do you think this needs an image change?" then if they say no, then the user should stop no so there will be no more pointless discussion. —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me|My Wiki) 04:01, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Salil, that's taking away the purpose of this being a wiki. Hecki, if your going to restrict people from making image change requests, just make the whole wiki admin only and let people do nothing. -.-
- Indxcv, that's what I expect people to do, but that never happens when I ask people for opinions. It is almost always the complete opposite. --Speysider (Talk Page) 07:22, May 14, 2012 (UTC)