This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Announcements → Showing results while using search bar||Post|
it showed results instead of showing the article. why is like that?
I was just about to ask this lol. I'm having the same issue. Redirects don't work either. Now that I know it's not me alone, I'm assuming it's an issue that'll work itself out eventually. Hopefully it's sooner than later.--Cerez365™(talk) 14:42, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
- It's also happening with Special pages, it's probably something Staff members did yet again.--White Flash (Talk) 15:57, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
- So... we can tell them no yes? Because these idiots basically made redirects redundant...--Cerez365™(talk) 15:20, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Not quite, I think that redirects used in articles still take you to the correct article. I in an article there's a link to the page "Hinata", it'll take you to "Hinata Hyūga". Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 15:34, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Remember, the "changes" Staff members make will only lead to useless, non-helpful things to the Wiki. White Flash 05:50, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
i just want to this search way to be normal, not using results.
!!!! my forum news is not stupid...
- It's not a glitch. They're doing it on purpose thinking that it's an improvement and instead of changing it back, they're making more changes to the function.--Cerez365™(talk) 18:51, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- The search bar is having some problems again. Staff members called this an "improvement"? -White Flash-(Talk)- 21:02, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't really see it as a hindering as I'm generally to lazy to look up chapter names or misspell words so this comes in handy when need be. Joshbl56 22:31, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- oh really? then give us proof for the "normal" search. Kunoichi101 (talk) 23:10, May 29, 2012 (UTC)kunoichi101
- Not always by the way, I hope it's possible to remove this feature on this wiki.—IndxcvNovelist (talk|contribs) 12:55, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- It's not really always. I think it depends on the speed of internet. —IndxcvNovelist (talk|contribs) 18:52, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- no proof, it's still the same. Kunoichi101 (talk) 18:58, May 30, 2012 (UTC)kunoichi101
The go-search worked for me, thankfully, but the downside of this now apparently is when you use the auto complete for linking with parentheses the words "/original" shows up in the title. Kisame Hoshigaki/original for example and then there's the fact that if I search for Kisame it doesn't auto-complete to Kisame Hoshigaki but picks up the redirect page "Kisame".--Cerez365™(talk) 22:35, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Why did you replied to a week old comment? Staff members now fixed this problem. -White Flash-(Talk)- 10:13, June 7, 2012 (UTC)