This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Reason behind Naruto's surname masquerade||Post|
Was it ever directly explained why was the fact that he is 4th Hokage's son obscured? He was named Uzumaki instead, but people obviously knew who Kushina was as a jinchuriky of the village and Hokage's woman/wife or not? This would suggest that the relationship between her and Minato was kept a secret, unless I'm missing something major, it makes absolutely no sense to me.
Despite that, one may suggest that the bluff was done for:
- The villagers did personify Naruto with the Fox, believing them to be one and the same, so he as the father of "the monster" that killed many in the village would have been looked down upon instead of revered as a hero
- Moral reason, a father making his newborn son a vessel/weapon/tool is well, immoral...
I'm also confused my friend --21:30, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
Yes, that could be one of the possible reasons too, but that still doesn't explain how come no one has known Kushina to be with Minato. Perhaps Jinchuriky were seen as bad people already back then and if they had learned that the Kage is in love with a monster or something... ??? Even weirder is that she as a person doesn't seem to be remembered, she even studied at the Academy so she had to have had friends other than Sasuke's mom, unless she lived locked in a cage or something as Minato's mating tool.
Another plothole I would say is the whole "Uzumaki, friends of Senju/Konoha" it appears like Kishi made this up later on as no one in Konoha seem to know the meaning behind those spirals on their uniforms... no Uzumaki Clan was ever mentioned in relation to Naruto and didn't naming him as such worsen the so said "ties" they once used to have? I can't make any sense of this, to me it appears like Kishi didn't think it out well.
I also think that masashi maybe made this up later or the villagers could be convinced that as naruto Is the only Uzumaki left In the village ior living In the village then he may of killed the majority of his clan with the power of the nine tails possibly seeing him as the one for the destruction of Uzushiogakure the citizens might think this, but then again the high ranking chunin and Jonin of the village would know thats not the case unless what happened to Uzushiogakure was left hidden and only known to the Hokage and elders, back to the main point when kushina was In the village she was not liked at first but then grew to have friends such as sasuske's mother and others, but the village may think that the Kurama caused her to give birth to an evil child that sparking kushina to be innocent but naruto not instead he's classed as evil among the villagers do you think that's a reasonable elveonora? --Jmootam1999 13:55, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
Well, that's a speculation, the point behind this forum is to analyze everything we know about it as has been stated by Kishimoto and make some sense of it, but the last part of your post makes sense and I like the idea that the villagers might have thought the demon fox to be father of Naruto instead of Minato (silly Kushina!!! silly me for such a thought T_T) due to the whisker markings--Elveonora (talk) 14:00, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Precisely the villagers would of likely thought this as they would not be let In on the proper events or secrets of what happened from the Hokage only the high ranking ninja who were alive then would of been notified, (the leaf tends to not reveal everything as similar to the secrets behind the uchiha clan massacre and the real reason for Hashirama and madara's fight at the valley of end) but of course the villagers must of thought that , that must of been a simlar case In the sand also as to Gaara's natural-not face-painted- markings as to of originated from the shukaku, as its stated all the Jinchūriki were subject to hate and similar problems such as whats being discussed on this forum would of likely occured In other villages if those Jinchuriki were of a clan of the village or of an allied clan --Jmootam1999 14:09, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
It's not a plothole though. Kushina's surname had been obscured in history. It was stated explicitly that the Third wanted to protect Naruto from people who would want to kill him simply because he was the son of Minato Namikaze. Her last name was much less likely to be known to outsiders because she wasn't as famous; they're shinobi after all. Remember that this isn't an internal threat, but an external one.
- A lot of the older people in the village know who Naruto's father was, in fact the Third passed on Minato's message that his son was to be seen as a hero. However, because they projected their feelings for the fox on him, hence the taboo the Third placed on talking about the beast.
- Immorality is up to opinion. Naruto could have been used as a sign of his father's/Hokage's strength. Just like Gaara (and B) were.
- What do you mean by she's not remembered? Are people supposed to be whispering her name all the time as if praying to a god? No one's talking about Biwako or even Mito and they were wives of Hokage as well...
- Why is the Senju/Uzumaki ties a plothole? Simply because you assume people don't know what the spirals mean? More than likely the symbols have lost meaning over time and Konoha-nin wear the uniform with them on there as perfunctorily as they wear bandages on their legs. The symbols weren't something in the first place to be shouted to the world, it was a subtle thing with heavy symbolism behind it.
You guys need to remember that this is not something that is being divinated, Kishimoto's making it up as he goes, incorporating his ideas and things like that. If you constantly question the story line, how do you enjoy the series o.O? --Cerez365™(talk) 14:21, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
So it can be presumed it was kept a secret because few of would have believed it anyway and those who would, would then start to aim their hate towards "monster fox" from it to Minato too.--Elveonora (talk) 14:22, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Obscured? I doubt that, Mito was the village founder's wife and a jinchuriky, that's to be remembered just like people remember more than one president in history for example, especially something related to THE FIRST ONE.
- Really? So why does suddenly everyone (outsiders especially) mention Kushina as Naruto's mother? Like A for example, others did mention it too I'm certain.
- I know about the dying wish, thought that Hiruzen didn't fulfill it tho
- Don't understand what you mean by this one
- Mito has been mentioned quite a few times, Biwako was irrelevant, Kushina was from a famous clan and wife to a recent Hokage, the hero who saved the village from "demon fox"
- You are right, that's why I said it doesn't look like people associate the spiral with the clan nor Naruto as a descendant
- Plothole hunting and theory making is what makes it more enjoyable