This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Pairings||Post|
I understand the relative importance of pairings in the Naruto fandom, but recent edits concerning these pairings are getting out of hand. What exactly is considered popular? How is this measured? What guidelines should be used for adding pairing information to the articles? --ShounenSuki 20:47, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- You've pretty much opened pandora's box and I'm not touching it without a inter-dimensional gate way to a destroyed planet.
- To put it very very simply. If someone thinks it exists, than it does exist. No questions.--TheUltimate3 21:32, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- In that case should we even include any of them? It seems to me that it falls under the realm of fan-fiction and should not be included in the wiki.Memsochet 21:40, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- There must be some empirical way to find out the pairings that are most popular, right? or am I just being naively optimistic right now? --ShounenSuki 21:42, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- We could take Bulbapedia's approach to Shipping. They got EVERYTHING ANYONE HAS EVER THOUGHT OF on their website, safely tucked away. here is an example of what I mean.
- That being said due to being a Naruto wiki and shipping being almost undeniable with the series I feel it should be added here...but the fear is the shipping wars...Cause...my god their are alot of them...--TheUltimate3 21:46, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- Tripple edit conflicted
Well, to be honest, no matter what, fan pairings for basically every character are going to exist with basically every other character, at least within reason of who shows up in the series more than a one time appearance (though some may have a little more screen-time in their short existence and get more activity). However there should be a sane limit to what we list.
JessieJames is ridiculous, everyone knows James is gay for his GrowlitheWhat is noticeable? Is DeiSaku noticable? I've seen dozens of fanfics about them. Is NaruKono noticeable? There might not be as much fanart or as many fanfictions, but the fora and image boards I frequent have many supporters. --ShounenSuki 22:00, 8 December 2008 (UTC) Oh so a man shows that he loves his Poke-Companion that makes him gay. JessieJames is totally and absolutly canonical and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid >.>To tell the truth, no real gauge can be used. Like I said, if one thinks it exists, their are people out there somewhere who know it exists.--TheUltimate3 22:26, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
Ok, so an item like:
- Despite Hinata's lack of panel time compared to some of the other Konoha Eleven, Hinata is popular in Naruto polls, frequently making in into top 10 favorite characters (she was placed 10th in the first Naruto manga anniversary poll, 6th in the second and third polls, and 9th in the fifth poll).
Is good to stay.
- Despite Hinata's lack of panel time compared to some of the other Konoha Eleven, NaruHina is one of the most popular pairings in the Naruto fandom.
- Despite being close relatives, Hinata and Neji are seen as a semi-popular pairing in the Naruto fandom.
- Sakura is the most popular Naruto female on fanfiction websites, being paired with almost every other character.
- I wouldnt say all disappear. Just got to figure out how to you know...get what we know noted.-TheUltimate3 22:52, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
No, but the fact he acts more like a faggot than Elton John, Freddy Mercury, Tom Cruise, and George Michael dancing to YMCA does ^ω^Unless there's clear evidence, I don't think it should be on this encyclopædia. What would be a good way to collect proper evidence for pairing popularity? --ShounenSuki 22:59, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- Edit conflicted
Just, when you remove the pairings, please take care not to remove good info. Like in Hinata's article someone integrated her having low panel time with the NaruHina pairing. However it was originally part with the info about her in the naruto polls (which is good citable information). So be careful that when you delete pairs, only delete the pairs, and integrate proper info with items that it belongs with.
While were at it, can we go and create a new discussion on quotes. There are 2 or 3 stale ones that don't reflect the current state as well, I think a fresh discussion would be best, and since we actually have people here, time to divert. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Dec 8, 2008 @ 23:07 (UTC)
- Whoa. Rude much Suki? Harsh.
- Will do Dantman. Just dont expect anything until Saturday at the least...got lots of papers and assignments to finish.
- Quotes are good. When they are stupid one liners is bad. My soultion: Only have what is memorable, character defining, or some sort of awesome/heartwarming.--TheUltimate3 23:12, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not rude! I just love the word "faggot". Who wouldn't want to be called a "bundle of sticks"?
- A good, active, actually useful discussion about quotes is long overdue. So far, I agree with TheUltimate3, the quotes should actually have a purpose. A good quote can say more about a character then half a page of descriptive text. --ShounenSuki 23:19, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- Edit conflicted
Yes, though I'd be careful of the ones that people screw around with. The majority of the quotes we have are probably not even proper quotes, they've likely been altered to a degree from what the original words the character used. And taking from fandubs makes it even worse. IMHO We should probably only accept quotes when they are matched with an exact citation of where they were used (Episode and percentage?, or Chapter and Page info). And to avoid people modifying that in bad ways, we should probably regulate that using another Namespace (like the Infobox namespace we have). Rationales on why a quote is notable enough to be included should be on the talkpage. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Dec 8, 2008 @ 23:23 (UTC)
- Rerouting discussion to Narutopedia talk:Quotes policy, continue there. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Dec 8, 2008 @ 23:39 (UTC)
Yes I understand what you are saying by judging the pairings but I think all should be included eg Shikamaru and Temari, Naruto and Hinata along with Naruto and Sakura. A wide variety if you will.
There are so many pairing s that are so litle known,and are usually not added on disscussions here.for example,my favorite pairing is Temari and Sasuke.I can't tell you how many times people have told me that they're not a real pairing because they never truly had any screen time together.which is another problem with these disscussions:people can't remember every single episode or manga enough to realize that there's a posibilitie with every pairing.again,an example would be that with Temari and Sasuke,during the Chunin exams temari did show a bit of intrest.it's a minor detail,but it proves that they could be a pairing.another unlikely pairing would be gaara and sakura,and no one has ever agreed with me.
- I just want to point out; That pairing is completely and utterly impossible. Never gonna happen in no way shape or form and can only exist on the bowels of the internet because there is no conceivable way that will every happen in canon ever.
- There are some pairings that make sense with a degree of possibility. Then there are those with a snowballs chance in hell of every happening. Sasuke and Temari is one of them. For the sake of continuing, Sasori and Sakura, Konan and Neji, Naruto and Ino, Shikamaru and Ino (they are team mates yeah, but really)--TheUltimate3 (talk) 19:08, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
- A snowball's chance in hell? They say the lowest circle of hell is a frozen lake, you know. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 19:29, December 30, 2009 (UTC)