Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Minor Technical Changes Coming||Post|
Hey all, just wanted to stop by and make you aware of some tweaks coming to this wiki. They shouldn't really affect much in the overall scheme of things, but wanted to give you a heads up anyway.
First, we are going to be changing the way the edit page looks. You can read more about it here, but we're giving it a little more structure and organization. No functionality will be lost (like EditTools) and most of the improvements are just to help users of the Rich Text Editor.
Also, we are going to be getting rid of the little gray history toolbar that appears below the page title as part of our initiative to continue to improve upon the new Wikia look. We simply found that toolbar was getting in the way for most of the major editors and that page interaction improved when we sent out an A/B Test without that line. History will end up in the drop down "edit" menu and, of course, it will remain in your floating toolbar at the bottom (unless you have customized the toolbar not to have it). --daNASCAT (help forum | blog) 14:58, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
- The RTE should be completely disabled here, it has caused problems breaking our pages in the past, and promotes destruction of the WikiText most of us edit. If it gets re-enabled as a side effect of editor improvements expect complaints.
- History has been something I've been fairly critical about. I don't know if this change will help or hinder, but I hope it'll help.
- The way that the history was hid away by Oasis seamed to cause a noticeable raise in the number of new users who don't understand that there is a history, don't understand they can revert vandalism, don't understand that when something is reverted it's not deleted, and start sending e-mails saying "X page has been hacked" instead of understanding they can revert the vandalism. Simply, it seams to have contributed to making new users stupider.
- Btw, "grey history bar", in other words the bar that also lists a few featured categories from the page... ;) wasn't that supposed to be a feature? Any irony being lost here?
- ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Apr 18, 2011 @ 16:47 (UTC) 16:47, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Irony is never lost, and the Rich Text Editor will not be gained ;). The redesign will still affect the base editing page, no matter if you have the RTE turned off personally or wiki-wide, but it will be a minor difference compared to the wikis that rely on the Rich Text Editor. --daNASCAT (help forum | blog) 03:27, April 19, 2011 (UTC)