|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Collaboration → Get with the program||Post|
Every other wiki is better than Naruto wiki because they employ the use of GIF images and better illustrated images. Naruto wiki needs to get with the program, it lacks aesthetics pleasing everything. This site needs a huge mackover cause it poorly represent the naruto universe. Every freakin wiki has except naruto wiki why? And iam talking about GIF images. This is a wiki based on an Anime so it's only natural that this wiki should have them. Bleach wiki has em same as one piece wiki, why not naruto wiki? They help show the techniques used in amine better and make a better database for information on the show. I really prompt the use for these which would boost naruto wiki in popularity. So please use some freakin GIF image.
- Taken from the Image policy, "Never upload .gif images, and don't bother converting a .gif into another file format before uploading. We do not need animations, and the .gif format does not handle quality properly. It has a limited color depth, and as a result the moment you save an image with the .gif format it loses a large amount of quality. We also prefer .png images over .jpg images because .jpg images slowly lose quality each time you save them. Neither of these types of quality loss can be recovered without the original image." It helps to read local policies before bad mouthing Narutopedia. ~ Fmakck© → Talk → Contributions ~ 21:45, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
- You're absolutely right. I mean... everyone knows that an encyclopedia is only good if it has great images.
- That's sarcasm, by the way. In an online encyclopedia, the quality of the images should pale in comparison to the quality of the articles. The pictures don't matter. The content is what matters.
- Also, why do you think that gif images are the best thing since sliced bread? There's nothing wrong with the images on this site. They are actually quite good quality, though I'd personally prefer it if anime pictures were used over colored manga pictures. That isn't the topic for this forum though, so I'll stay quiet on that.
- Oh, and just so you know? This wiki isn't based on an anime. If it is based on anything, it is the manga. Just like how the anime is based on the manga. Manga means still images. If it's good enough for Kishimoto-sensei, it's good enough for us. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 22:02, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
- One reason the wiki doesn't use .gifs is because of what they do to pages sizes. w:c:onepiece:Monkey D. Luffy/History is 13 mb, 10 of which are from animated images (77% of the page, 19% per image). w:c:bleach:Sōsuke Aizen is 5 mb, 4 of which are from animated images (80% of the page, 40% per image). Not good. ~SnapperTo 22:19, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
- The hell is higher than us?--TheUltimate3 ~Keeper of Lore~ 01:13, March 27, 2011 (UTC)